What about your vow to Jehovah?

by a watcher 287 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Oh dear.....

• *lost*
  • tornapart
    tornapart

"we don't emphasize Jesus because he is only one part".......

WOW!! That says it ALL! Isa 9:6 calls him Mighty God... he was given a name above every name and even the angels worship him (Heb 1:6, in the Kingdom Interlinear or footnote of large print bible and all other translations)

The whole of the NT is about Jesus Christ.. our Saviour, our Redeemer, our Lord, our King.... The SON OF GOD!! And you say he is 'ONLY A PART'!!!

• tornapart
    tornapart

'I just go with it'............................... like a robot................ without thought, without question... they've done all the work for you haven't they? And you just accept it whether it's right or wrong...

• a watcher
    a watcher

Irondork,

"I'm a little confused where you stand."

Well, I seem to be traveling 2 parallel spiritual paths at the same time.

The first and more important path is a 'magnificent obsession' with Jehovah's heavenly organization and the Bible, especially the letters of Paul.

The second path is a cooperative but reserved relationship with Jehovah's earthy organization.

I don't quite understand it myself. I just know how I feel.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    "Who gave you authority to change the message?".....Cofty

I don't know. That's between Jehovah and the GB. The GB decided long ago to emphasize the Kingdom:
    The Watchtower... Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom...I just go with it .....awatcher

Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom..

I just go with it..

SPLAT!..SPLAT!..SPLAT!..SPLAT!..SPLAT!..

...................... photo mutley-ani1.gif... OUTLAW

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

A Watcher, post 169 in reply to Cofty:

"Who gave you authority to change the message?"

I don't know. That's between Jehovah and the GB. The GB decided long ago to emphasize the Kingdom:

The Watchtower...Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom.

I just go with it.

A Watcher in the OP if this thread:

Why did you allow men to come between you and Jehovah?

Well, A Watcher, the GB are men, arn't they ?

so why did you let them come between you and your God?

Retro

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

a watcher:

Why am I here?: many reasons, one of which is to strengthen and better understand my faith by looking up scriptures to answer your questions.

---

I find it fascinating that you have absolute devotion to the GB yet disobey them by coming to an apostate website to learn from apostates. By your own admission, you pick-and-choose to read only WT articles that interest you. Instead of reading WT literature provided by the GB that you worship, you do research based on questions "opposers" ask you.

The Watchtower...Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom. I just go with it.

The depth of your "faith" is truly underwhelming.

Your responses here (or lack of them) show how utterly baseless your "faith" is, yet you have the audacity to question the decisions made by JWN members who actually care whether or not their beliefs are true- and have decided to follow truth based on evidence and personal investigation.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Retro, I don't feel like the GB are coming between Jehovah and I.

In fact, if it weren't for the GB, I wouldn't even know who Jehovah is.

I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to be Jehovah's friend.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    The second path is a cooperative but reserved relationship with Jehovah's earthy organization.
    In fact, if it weren't for the GB, I wouldn't even know who Jehovah is.

---

According to you the WT is the only way to salvation.... but you're not willing to fully commit to it.

What about your vow to Jehovah?

Do you have any idea what you actually do believe, a watcher?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit