What about your vow to Jehovah?

by a watcher 287 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

a watcher -

punkofnice, I'm so busy laughing at the 'Jehu elders' quote that I'm having a hard time answering your questions.

Glad to bring jollity. Can't be serious all the time.

So.....what has strengthened your faith?

Scripture and how/why?

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Watcher, hope you continue to blog here and read information.

Most of us can understand how hard it is to break away from a mind set that pulls on ones heart. Questioning everything we were taught pulls on our hearts as well as our physical health conditions. The long term reality is that most of our lives changed.

Let me give you an example, I started doing research with a girlfriend,144,000, on WTBTS doctines. I really thoght I was going to have a stroke or something. We looked them up from the WT, year books, and old books. She was so shocked by our findings that she had a stroke suffered from her illnesses. We both blamed it on the research findings and the stressed it placed in our lives. Her love for Jehovah and her vows and commitment were the same because every day she prayed and read her bible. Later she died from another stroke because the stress and questioning the WTBTS but was still in God's favor.

Organizational baptismal vows versus love for Jehovah becomes shattered when the WTBTS lies and deception are found.

It is obvious from reading this post again that you wonder about others vows because your questioning your own vows.

You are right where you should be so keep questioning.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" It is obvious from reading this post again that you wonder about others vows because your questioning your own vows."

Projecting. Sarah called it.

• heathen
    heathen

At first I was even kinda shocked to find out the WTBTS had so many false prophesy's and out right disinfo even about it's own history . They are the only religion I know of that adamantly insists it is the truth but changes it's teachings constantly forcing it's members to, "adjust", to a new understanding and they never even admit to a lie , a lie is a friggen lie , doesn't matter the intent , instead all you get is an admittance to being imperfect , gee I think we all know that is a truth but the real truth is that they lied about knowing what they were talking about to begin with and since they force everyone to parrot what they say it's even worse than a lie it's coercive terrorism . The kind that george orwell wrote in 1984 , big brother is to be obeyed and never questioned .

• likeabird
    likeabird
    Did you get baptized without being dedicated?

I was fully dedicated when I got baptised, but I do remember doing it and it felt a bit bizarre just making a promise into the air. No question there of not believing, I was just afraid of not doing it in the right way and it not being valid.

Why did you allow men to come between you and Jehovah?

I didn't. It's just one party to the vow turned out to be non-existant and annulled everything automatically.

Why were you serving Jehovah at all? Out of love, or for other reasons?

Out of love and because I sincerely believed it was the right thing to do

"Whenever you vow a vow to God, do not hesitate to pay it...What you vow, pay. Better it is that you vow not than that you vow and do not pay." (Ecc 5:4,5)

Don't accuse me of not paying my vow. I paid it and paid it very very dearly.

• *lost*
    *lost*

yeah .. we just paid it to the wrong god, the god of this sytem of things.

satans little helpers, the jehovists, lying, deceiving, charlatans.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

bumping this

• a watcher
    a watcher

Deja vu. This was an exhausting thread.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

leaving_quietly said:

My dedication was to God. It was not to an organization.

*** w66 10/1 pp. 603-604 par. 15 Serving with Everlasting Life in View ***
    This is what we mean when we dedicate our lives to Jehovah. We do not dedicate ourselves to a religion, nor to a man, nor to an organization. No, we dedicate ourselves to the Supreme Sovereign of the Universe, our Creator, Jehovah God himself. This makes dedication a very personal relationship between us and Jehovah.

I find it impossible to believe that a god who created the universe would continually, throughout history, allow human organizations run by unscrupulous men to proclaim representation of him while sheltering child abusers, lining their pockets by fleecing poor families, breaking apart families and teaching followers to be arrogant and gleeful about hoped-for destruction of their fellow humans.

And so I doubt...

Doesn't make me a bad person. Just removing myself from that evil influence so as to become a better one.

• a watcher
    a watcher

cBg, you are expecting Jehovah's imperfect earthly organization to be perfect?

You are being unreasonable.

Even the anointed apostles were not perfect, and yet they had Jehovah's favor.

Jehovah does the best that can be done with imperfect people in an imperfect world.

"...cease becoming unreasonable..." (Eph 5:17)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit