What about your vow to Jehovah?

by a watcher 287 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• *lost*
    *lost*

Because I follow Jesus as my mediator and the Son, and God the Father.

Because I have learned of the lies and deceptions of the wt org, and the members of that organisation,

all under the pretence of being a 'Christian' religion.

Because they spent 10 million dollars on one of their centres and they do nothing to help ''orphans and widows''

Because I learned of the child abuse scandals and the paedophilia that is/was rampant in the organisation.

Because they are not a direct line of decendents from Abraham, Earthly Israel, or Jesus, all that is a lie also.

Because I am not following 'after man' , I am following The Christ.

Because they use the lie jehovah is God's name, and it is not, so they cannot possibly be 'Gods organisation on earth'.

They follow a god, and they worship a god, who is not The God of Creation and the Bible.

Because I have taken the time to research outside wt mags, indepentently, and I have found the 'Truth'.

''....and the truth will set you free.....''

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Whenever you vow a vow to God, do not hesitate to pay it...What you vow, pay. Better it is that you vow not than that you vow and do not pay." (Ecc 5:4,5)

LOL. Love the quote from Ecclesiastes! How about we take a good look at the writer? King Solomon was leader of a "dedicated nation" and was personally given a divine gift of great wisdom... wisdom that told him that worshipping other Gods, as well as banging lots of hot women, getting rich, and collecting fast chariots, was the best course of life!

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

A watcher: The point? my god man, every one who posted, has destroyed their VOW to Jehovah. So the VOW is null and void!!!!! So what is your point? No one has any guilt about a supposed VOW to Jehovah. [See article below from www.jwfacts.com ]

Research cross vs stake. You will find the intent to decieve!!!!! If it is not that clear to you I will spell it out for you. The WTBT$ to establish itself different than all other religions decided to cherry pick from the Imperial bible dictionary to lie about the cross. Then further research Roman executions in Jesus day. The cross was used extensively. I am not going to badger back and forth with you, you need to do research before posting any topics that has to do with the JW religion, especially on this site.

I think OUTLAW has you pegged correctly!!!

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

Deceptive Quoting

An indication that there is little support for a stake is the small number of collaborative sources the Watchtower refers to. More telling are the sources the Watchtower uses. The Imperial Bible-Dictionary is partially quoted to show that stauros means a stake. By partial quoting, it hides critical information that stauros was being used to refer to a cross in the first century.

"The Greek word rendered "cross" in many modern Bible versions ("torture stake" in NW) is stau·ros´. In classical Greek, this word meant merely an upright stake, or pale. Later it also came to be used for an execution stake having a crosspiece. The Imperial Bible-Dictionary acknowledges this, saying: "The Greek word for cross, [stau·ros´], properly signified a stake, an upright pole, or piece of paling, on which anything might be hung, or which might be used in impaling [fencing in] a piece of ground. . . . Even amongst the Romans the crux (from which our cross is derived) appears to have been originally an upright pole."-Edited by P. Fairbairn (London, 1874), Vol. I, p. 376." Reasoning from the Scriptures p.89

What exactly has this quote hidden by use of ellipses (...)? The full quote is:

"The Greek word for cross, (stauros), properly signified a stake, an upright pole, or piece of paling, on which anything might be hung, or which might be used in impaling (fencing in) a piece of ground. But a modification was introduced as the dominion and usages of Rome extended themselves through Greek-speaking countries.Even amongst the Romans, the crux (from which the word cross is derived) appears to have been originally an upright pole, and always remained the more prominent part. But from the time that it began to be used as an instrument of punishment, a traverse piece of wood was commonly added: not however always then.… There can be no doubt, however, that the later sort was the more common, and that about the period of the Gospel Age, crucifixion was usually accomplished by suspending the criminal on a cross piece of wood.
    But the commonest form, it is understood, was that in which the upright piece of wood was crossed by another near the top, but not precisely at it, the upright pole running above the other, thus "a cross" and so making four, not merely two right angles. It was on a cross of this form, according to the general voice of tradition, that our Lord suffered.
    ... It may be added that crucifixion was abolished around the time of Constantine, in consequence of the sacred associations which the cross had now gathered around it."

The Imperial Dictionary shows quite the opposite of what the Watchtower attempts to prove. Rather than supporting that crucifixion did not come until after Jesus death and that Constantine who introduced this pagan symbol, it specifically states that crosses were the prominent form of execution in Jesus day, and it was Constantine that put an end to them.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Why did you allow men to come between you and Jehovah?

There comes a time when you realize that all the leadership of the WTS cares about is their imagined authority. For me that realization came during the 2001 DC Convention 'Korah' drama.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Could someone tell me which verse of the Bible says that a relationship with the Almighty will be determined by three dudes in one's hometown leveraging an unscriptural oath to a contract that changes at the unilateral will of one party?

• *lost*
    *lost*

BOH

also, are we not constantly taught about Babylon the Great, and to get out of her, if you don't want to share in her sins ?

And God's anger ?

So, we are faithful ones, we have followed the scriptures, God's word, and we have obeyed God rather than man.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Brother of the Hawk, what is my point?

My point is that Jehovah is the only true God, and those that refuse to serve Him will have no future.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"... every one who posted, has destroyed their VOW to Jehovah"

Correction: I never made a vow to jehovah. There was nothing to destroy. I'm a born-in but I left without taking the dip.

We're all going to die watcher, even you and your jw buddies. No one gets out of this life alive.

• tec
    tec

If a person made a vow to serve God, then in leaving a false organization is in keeping with that vow.

I think that is the answer that most people have given you here, a watcher.

Listen to God... not men.

Leaving the orgnanization is not equal to leaving God.

Peace,

tammy

• jam
    jam

A Watcher a question for you, just to see if I understand your

topic. Are you asking about our vow to God or Jehovah

of the cultist religion JW,s? Are you talking about God in general?

If you are talking about our vow to Jehovah Witnessess (GB), I think

most will agree we made a vow to Jehovah because we didn,t want

to be fried in the great day almighty, selfish. So would you be serving God

if there was no reward, especially the Jehovah of the WT publishing company.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit