What about your vow to Jehovah?

by a watcher 287 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

a watcher,

The reason I was disfellowshipped from the WTBTS is due to my examination of the vows I had made and their implications.

Yes, I made a baptismal vow to Jesus Christ and Jehovah:

1/ w85 6/1 p. 30 Subjecting Ourselves to Jehovah by Dedication

On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

I continue to have no problem with that vow.

This is the vow that I deeply regret and now feel very humiliated that I allowed myself to be deceived by it:

2/ w85 6/1 p. 30 Subjecting Ourselves to Jehovah by Dedication

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

My regret started happening after reading this 1951 Watchtower Magazine Article:

w55 7/1 p. 411 Christian Baptism for the New World Society

15 A Christian, therefore, cannot be baptized in the name of the one actually doing the immersing or in the name of any man, nor in the name of any organization, but in the name of the Father, the Son and the holy spirit.

I was very dismayed and angered that the governing body actually had the audacity and presumption to re-invent Jesus Christs baptismal commandment. The consequences of their audacity is cleary stated by Jesus Christ himself:

Matthew 28:19-20

19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things."

I want Jesus Christ to be with me!

Being party to any organization that causes Jesus Christ to be distressed through the re-invention of his commanded baptism is not something I want.

Luke 12:49-50

49 "I came to start a fire on the earth, and what more is there for me to wish if it has already been lighted? 50 Indeed, I have a baptism with which to be baptized, and how I am being distressed until it is finished!

abe

• humbled
    humbled

You ask: "Why did you allow men to come between you and Jehovah?"

Right good question. When I saw that that is exactly what question my father in heaven was asking me, I quit listening to them and answered instead to my father in heaven.

So I ask you: Why do you allow men to come between you and your Father?

Maeve

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

it was all a fraud , my dedication to a filthy dirty, perverted murderous god and a tin pot fraud of a religious organization that was supposed to be selected by the demon to be his mouthpiece on Earth, to be very honest I'm sure glad I ddint keep to the deal that involved my water immersion, we will all pass and be pathetic memories as the decades go by, no new world, no heaven, no resurrection, no nothing , wake up Watcher.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Maeve, I didn't even know who Jehovah was until I met JW's. They have helped me to know and grow ever closer to Jehovah over the years.

I have been blessed by being one of JW's; my prayers are answered in the most wonderful ways.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

What about Jehovah's vow to us?

• jam
    jam

a watcher; This is a joke, right. You got to be pulling our legs.

You can not be serious.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

a watcher: Maeve, I didn't even know who Jehovah was until I met JW's. They have helped me to know and grow ever closer to Jehovah over the years.

I have been blessed by being one of JW's; my prayers are answered in the most wonderful ways.

---

And yet you disobey your governing body and Jehovah by posting on an "apostate" website.

You don't see the hypocrisy in that? I sure do.

Are you the kettle or the pot?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Maeve, I didn't even know who Jehovah was until I met JW's. They have helped me to know and grow ever closer to Jehovah over the years.
    I have been blessed by being one of JW's; my prayers are answered in the most wonderful ways....awatcher

Translation:

Maeve, I didn't even know what the 14th Century Catholic Translation Mistake was..

Until I met people named after a 14th Century Catholic Translation Mistake.

They have helped me to know and grow ever closer to a 14th Century Catholic Translation Mistake over the years.

I have been blessed by Pretending to be a 14th Century Catholic Translation Mistake..

I can`t be bothered to follow WatchTarded Rules so I post here..................*:-B nerd..aWatchTard but never a JW

................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

LMAO, Outlaw!!

I didn't even know who Jehovah was until I met JW's

And before the 14th century, NO ONE knew who he was!

And NO ONE knew who Jehovah's Witnesses were until 1931.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

A Watcher,

I realize your insistance is not to respond to any of the good questions asked of you here. Simply put, do you believe you must serve the governing body in order to serve Jehovah? You most likey do believe that. Now if that is the case, please provide the scripture that justifys that service and then we can discuss it.

The one you already shared, considers a vow to God, not related to men in any way whatsoever. So you have conflated God and the organization that claims to represent him exclusively.

As far as your experiences, that is fantastic. Enjoy them. Experiences vary. Noone here wants you to not be happy. They simply do not want to be called apostate, shunned by family, and denigrated and slandered simply for not believing the 8 men in Brooklyn that run the thing and set policy under threat of excommunication are mouthpieces for God......sorta kinda......but can make mistakes......but you have to follow if you want to live.

Good Lord. I mean the onus is on you to prove that is in any way scriptural.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit