What about your vow to Jehovah?

by a watcher 287 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

my vow to Jehover? when i made it it meant something, represented something and stood for something...things just didnt turn out that way I think it was kind of brave of me to leave that vow, because that vow still means something to me....

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I'm being unreasonable? Unreasonable is using the "imperfect men" excuse for an organization created by men who use nonsensical language to distort your thinking, watcher. You need to wake up.

If there is only ONE organization on this earth that represents God, then it should be distinguishable by its Perfection, not by its Imperfection. The bible never says that God's followers are to be known by their sinful conduct. If you can't tell the difference between religions because they protect child molesters while allowing the victims to go unassisted and shamed, there is no way any one of them represents God.

Has your child been molested and were you told to keep it quiet...like what happened to my family? I doubt it.

Unreasonable my arse.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

cBg, you are expecting Jehovah's imperfect earthly organization to be perfect?

You are being unreasonable. a watcher

This argument is getting so old. This imperfect organization demands perfect obedience and perfect loyalty. For the prophecies that are never fulfilled and the teachings they get wrong and change it offers this limp excuse every time, we are not perfect men, we make mistakes. What if a brother or sister does not understand a teaching and cannot believe it? Are they being imperfect humans? No, they are thrown out before you can blink! A watcher wake up!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was 14 when I made my vow. Little did I know I was making a vow to a real estate development corporation.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was 12, early 60's, when I said "Yes" to these questions :

" The first question is: Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

The second question is: On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit? "

If I were still a believer, I would feel any "vow" I made on the basis of these questions was still valid.

How times, and the religion I was part of then, have changed ! No mention of an Organization, they were that sure of their position they did not feel it necessary.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

" The first question is: Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

The second question is: On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit? "

Gosh, Phizz, that sounds like a religion. Sadly, I made it under the 'whoops, we changed it to recognizing blah blah organization blah blah.'

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Perceptive comment Cultbgone, I do believe that in the 50's and 60's it was a religion, certainly a strange, cult like one, not anywhere near mainstream, but still was one.

Post about '85 it became a cult that worshipped an Organization.

As I said to an Elder a while ago "The religion I grew up in is long gone, the organization I walked away from X years ago, is too no longer the same, I cannot "come back" to what is not there".

• twice shy
    twice shy

It was because I made a sincere vow to Jehovah that I had to leave the organization. The Bible said for me to beware of false witnesses and not to worship idols.

They want you to put the Elders and organization before GOD by coming to them instead of truly recognizing the sacrifice Jesus made for our sins. They wanted me to view the love Jehovah has for us only by their interpretaion and not how he wants us to grow in his love. So you see, I had to leave.

I order to be able to still love my neighbor and put Jehovah first; it was just time to go.

They could of taken me to a mental place that would of been detestable to Jehovah my GOD.

Again, In order to love Jehovah fully and for that love to be made manifest I had to leave them.

He seems to be very pleased with the decision I made with his help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit