What about your vow to Jehovah?

by a watcher 287 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Who are you to determine who is serving and who isn't?

Don't embarrass yourself. Revew James 3:1 and Romans 12:3-8 before you answer.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

First of all, I was baptized a JW in 1979 @ 16 and dedicated my life to Almighty God, his son Jesus & the Holy Spirit thru God's word the bible and NOT to men in Brooklyn! It is because of THAT vow that i had to leave the WTBT$. I follow God as ruler rather than MEN!

Even WT admits the name 'Jehovah' is invented so how can the TRUE God be named Jehovah?

A watcher: Check this out: WT 1980 2/1 pg 11-13

The

DivineNameinLater

Times

THAT the divine name was used in early history is beyond question. But what about later times? Why have certain Bible translations omitted the name? And what is its meaning and significance to us?

THE

NAME“JEHOVAH”BECOMESWIDELY

KNOWN

Interestingly, Raymundus Martini, a Spanish monk of the Dominican order, first rendered the divine name as “Jehova.” This form appeared in his book PugeoFidei, published in 1270 C.E.—over 700 years ago.

In time, as reform movements developed both inside and outside the Catholic Church, the Bible was made available to the people in general, and the name “Jehovah” became more widely known. In 1611 C.E. the King James or Authorized Version of the Bible was published. It uses the name Jehovah four times. (Ex. 6:3; Ps. 83:18; Isa. 12:2; 26:4) Since then, the Bible has been translated many, many times. Some translations follow the example of the AuthorizedVersion and include the divine name only a few times.

In this category is AnAmericanTranslation (by Smith and Goodspeed) with a slight variation of using “Yahweh” instead of “Jehovah.” Yet, one may ask: “Why have the translators done this? If using ‘Jehovah’ or ‘Yahweh’ is wrong, why put it in at all? If right, why not be consistent and use it every time it appears in the Bible text?”

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

A watcher is judging everyone on here, when he has no idea what most of our beliefs or faith in God is about.

• A question
    A question

Jam - you have a new PM.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Hey William,

I am still with my wife, so I have kept my vow to Jehovah by remaining married even though there are times I wanted to leave her and find a newer version. You presuppose all exJWs are not keeping their vows to Jehovah, I can assure you there are lots of exJWs who now worship Jehovah God with more clarity than ever. They have learned to worship Jehovah through the Mediator Jesus Christ of Nazareth and many more "Tom, Dicks and Harry", "Thelma, Denise, and Harly" your Watchtower Organization said were not covered by Jesus Christ's ransom directly, a blatant lie!

ExJWs as a percentage know their Bible and read the Watchtower literature ten times more than the absent minded followers of the Organization. We are keeping our vows, we are saying no to men who are telling us we must worship the Governing Body and go through them as the great Mediator!

ExJWs are keeping their vow to Jehovah God, it's you who are not keeping your vow to Jehovah, you are keeping your vow to the imposters that claim to be Jesus Christ and have usurped his role with Jehovah God by keeping over Seven Million members away from our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!

Willy, one day you are going to have to stop standing on the fence and review the doctrine you think is from Jehovah, it's heart breaking to realize it was all poor pulp-fiction almost as bad as L. Ron. Hubbubbie and Joseph Smith's wild tales of Elohim!

• jam
    jam

A question: I sent you a PM, please let me know if you received it.

Not very good in sending messages.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Contracts based on fraud are unenforceable, therefore my dedication is null and void.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

sir82:

Your assumption seems to be that all ex-JWs have become atheists or at least have stopped worshipping God.

An atheist can't 'break a vow' with an entity that doesn't exist.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

OH, he's not talking to me because I'm a BELIEVER and was baptised in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!

(Whew... was worried there.)

He's talking to you Jeffro... (giggling)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

NeverKnew:

He's talking to you Jeffro...

Hmmm... you can't imagine how worried I am.

I think I might have broken a vow to Santa once too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit