What about your vow to Jehovah?

by a watcher 287 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

a watcher inadvertently revealed a serious flaw in the worldview put forth by the Governing Body of the Watchtower corporation and subsequently repeated by many Jehovah's Witnesses. The Governing Body insidiously infers that the Organization=Jehovah. Therefore, leaving the organization is equivalent to leaving Jehovah.

a watcher, can you not see that the organization itself has become a golden calf that well-meaning yet misled Jehovah's Witnesses direct their worship towards? Can you not see that the Governing Body has put themselves in the place of Jehovah by arrogantly claiming that disagreeing with their ever-changing interpretations of "truth" is the same as disagreeing with Jehovah?

The premise of your thread, that renouncing allegiance to an earthly organization is comparable to leaving Jehovah God, is blasphemous.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• kimbo
    kimbo

Why did you allow men to come between you and Jehovah?

yes the watchtower is full of evil men.

I will not be part of this organised crime any more.

I never left Jehovah.

• prologos
    prologos

a contract is null and void if fraud, misrepresentation is proven with one of the parties or their terms.

The father had never anything to do with it.

they hijacked the name. what a shame.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

A watcher!! Did you get the point????

Affectionately: Brother of the hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)
    P.S. I was not the one who LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Pterist
    Pterist

***** "Whenever you vow a vow to God, do not hesitate to pay it...What you vow, pay. Better it is that you vow not than that you vow and do not pay." (Ecc 5:4********

Yes, it pricked my Conscience for quite a while, however, all cults and even Hitler had "loyality tests" "pledges" and " vows" used for controlling people. I watched a YouTube video on Jim Jones last night and he used them frequently, and look where it got those people! ...

The Old Testment mentions peace offerings for breaking vows, so what greater offering have Christians got but the mercy of God through Christ.

Shalom

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

A vow to a lier is no vow at all

• whathappened
    whathappened

Jehovahs Witnesses do not teach a balanced view. They teach what the Watchtower Society believes, not what the Bible teaches. One is not allowed to read anything "secular" that is printed by non Watchtower source. You will find there is so much that they don't mention.

Take for example historical Jesus. Google "Jesus Never Existed" and get the shock of your life.

Read "The Atheist Book of Bible Stories." Another eye opener. You will learn things you will never read in the Watchtower and with proof to back everything up.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Brother of the Hawk, what point?

lie: an untrue statement made with INTENT to deceive.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

As an adult, I have never agreed that young people should be baptized as they do not...can not...fully understand the ramifications of their decision as defined by the organization. Although I have lived a life of dedication, I cannot say that I fully, knowlingly, and consciously dedicated myself until many years later, probably in my adult years. As with many of you, I was simply fulfilling the role as my parents saw fit for me. It made them happy, and I garnished a measure of praise that was otherwise nonexistent in the life of a young person craving acceptance.

As for men coming between, well, that is the reason I am where I am. The apostle Paul stated in 2 Corinthians 1:24, "But that does not mean we want to dominate you by telling you how to put your faith into practice. We want to work together so you will be full of joy, for it is by your own faith that you stand firm." (New Living Translation) When I read those words, I came to the realization that my faith was being dominated. I think a better expression would be commandeered. It's like my faith was growing and I was getting closer to my Creator when all of a sudden an external force grabbed hold of the wheel of my life and said, "We are commandeering this vehicle! You need to go this way and steer that way. You are using the wrong fuel and your floor mats are dirty! You didn't change the oil at 3000 miles again?" I feel that I have been excused from a relationship with God and for that...there is no excuse.

As for serving, I have come to realize that people need help now more than ever. They don't want answers, at least not until they have the help to determine how to start moving forward. They need compassion. They need demonstrable concern. Not because someone needs to write it down on a piece of paper to impress the powers that be, like some bureaucrat, but because they truly care. That, I believe, is what the God I worship expects from those dedicated to him.

• Heaven
    Heaven

'Jehovah' is a translation mistake. That is all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit