What about your vow to Jehovah?

by a watcher 287 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

a watcher has a "gentleman's agreement" with Jehovah.

That is why I enjoy what he writes.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

a watcher

when I was baptised and pioneered the in the early 70's the way I understood it, the anointed known as Jehovah's Witnesses were commissioned to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah in 1919 as a modern-day Ezekiel. according to the book The Nations Shall Know That I am Jehovah-How?

I also understood that Ezekiel had foretold the destruction of Jerusalem exactly to the year with a prophecy starting in 997BCE and ending in 607BCE.

Ezekiel was authenticated by his prophesy coming true.

The modern-day Ezekiel told us that the generation that saw the Sign of the Son of Man in 1914 would see the tribulation.

The following quote was said in the book The Nations Shall know that I am Jehovah-How (1971 Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society o Pennsylvania) on page 216

'Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype Jerusalem, Christendom.'

The tribulation did not start and the generation teaching was changed and the Sign of the Son of Man of Matthew 24:30 hadn't been seen.

So I know longer preach their good news can you see why?

I don't think that my salvation is tied to preaching the good news that Jehovah's Witnesses preach I think it's tied to preaching the good news that the apostles preached.

maybe i've misunderstood something or misread something but I don't see myself as an apostate do you? and I'm not a Jehovah's Witness now because I don't join with you in the preaching. I have to go with my conscience in these matters even if I am spoken of in a bad way by some.

• a watcher
    a watcher

punkofnice, I'm so busy laughing at the 'Jehu elders' quote that I'm having a hard time answering your questions.

I came here to better understand my overall faith. I'm not focused on the 'corporation'.

Although I dearly love Jehovah's earthly organization, it's just a stepping stone for me to get closer to Jehovah's heavenly organization.

My faith in Jehovah's earthly organization remains unchanged.

This thread has given me a lot to think about. It has really 'stretched' me. There's a lot of intelligent people on this forum. Mislead, but intelligent.

• Seraphim23
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

#potkettle

Right back at ya watcher.

And it's misled not mislead.

My grammer correction for the day.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Mislead, but intelligent.

the intelligent aren't followers how can they be "misled" .. they think for themselves ...

another swing and a miss .. for a watcher...

OH you came in here to strengthen your relationship with Jehovah... so you disobey his earthy org to get into heavenly Org

strike two..

but you don't obey IT..

strike three..

I'm done with this thread...

good luck dude!!! LMAO

• James Brown
    James Brown

My vow was made under duress. So I say, it's not binding.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

There's a lot of intelligent people on this forum. Mislead, but intelligent.

Double wow.

Although I dearly love Jehovah's earthly organization, it's just a stepping stone for me to get closer to Jehovah's heavenly organization.

If you had even the slightest idea of what WT theology is (which you're so devoted to) you'd understand how absurd your comment is.

That's your delusion. In reality, you have no faith in it because you only read WT articles that interest you and ignore the rest, and you dont really care enough about your beliefs to actually understand them.

You've not articulated one JW belief you hold in any clear manner in this entire thread. You describe yourself as a long-time baptized JW, but you've not progressed at all, even by JW standards, and fail to grasp even the most basic JW doctrines. Truly pathetic.

I don't think the word "misled" means what you think it means. Look it up.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

After roughly going through this thread, could it be a watcher joined that JW religion in vain?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

And without a clue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit