What about your vow to Jehovah?

by a watcher 287 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Mrsjones, as we have learnt, it's all about planting seeds. Hopefully some will germinate.

Jgnat, I am sure there were some hemp seeds mixed in with those herbs!

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Watcher,

many of us realized that we never actually knew Jehovah, we only feared his punishment which was metted out by the organization.

When we realized we had dedicated ourselves to men, some allowed God to come between us and men.

Others were so damaged by the coercive persuasion of the WTS that if a loving God does exist he would certainly forgive the victims of this org for losing their faith

• *lost*
    *lost*

jgnat brill, lol.

Why would a 'jw' come to an 'apostate' site to ' better understand their faith' ?

Why not the person they studied with ?

Why not their 'brothers and sisters. ?

Why not the elders ?

Why not the organisation itself ?

Something's certainly not right.... somewhere.... .. over the rainbow...

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Is awatcher a born-in?

• tornapart
    tornapart

Watcher.... read this book:- it doesn't take long, I read it in 3 days. Do you ever wonder what the GB do? What they say? What happens behind closed doors in the Brooklyn Bethel. You seem to me to be a JW who is curious about things. I was curious, I came across this book and read it out of curiosity. It's a fascinating read.... I didn't see things the same way once I'd read it....

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1310174.Crisis_Of_Conscience

[Link changed by jgnat, rule 4, copyright]

• *lost*
    *lost*

torn excellent thanks

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

Did you get baptized without being dedicated? No. At the time I thought I was dedicating my life to Jehovah as I understood God to be at the time.

Why did you allow men to come between you and Jehovah? I didn't. I was baptized at 17 yrs old in 1992. So the baptismal questions I answered were the ones with the "spirit-directed organization" clause in it. I declared my dedication, baptism, and subsequent disfellowshipping null and void for the following reasons:

-I was a minor and unable to enter into any legal contracts

-the baptismal questions were unscriptural

-I was emotionally coerced

Why were you serving Jehovah at all?Out of love, or for other reasons? I was a minor child with a baby living at home with my mother. It was her way or the highway. I have since rededicated my life to Goddess as I understand Her to be, no baptism necessary. I realized that I cannot prove or disprove the existence of God and that God has no gender. I prefer to address the Divine as Female.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@watcher your faith in Jehovahs earthly organization is weak because of the fact that you have totally ignored their command to stay away from sites such as these. I am beginning to think you may be a troll of sorts...

I have no idea how a thinking person can have total faith in an organization that has lied to you in PRINT...

If you can have that kind of faith then JW land is perfect for you. If you do not care that the people who are representatives of god can tell you a bold face lie in the magazines you "study" then YOU ARE MISLED. That organization is made for people who do not want to think.

Let me ask, if they came out with an article that said from their understanding of the scriptures you have to wear purple hats every Thursday would you do it?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

*lost*:

I do believe your off topic.

Nope. The identity of the entity in question is entirely on topic. And you're still wrong.

And your vain attempts at appeal to pride won't work either.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

A Watcher, good on you for staying with this thread and not doing a runner :)

Retro, what has the GB taught me that I couldn't have learned from the Bible?

Well, the first thing that comes to mind are the prophecies of Revelation: the great tribulation, the wild beasts, Babylon the Great, Har-Magedon, the millenium.

I would have never understood these things if the GB had not explained them to me.

Can I ask, why are you sure you understand them now? If the GB changes it's collective mind about Revelation next week, will you also "understand" the new explanation? Has any real thing substantiated the interpretation of the GB (past or present), or are you just comfortable with it?

Retro

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit