What about your vow to Jehovah?

by a watcher 287 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• a watcher
    a watcher

jgnat, not that my opinion of you should matter (who am I?), but you were not baptised as one of JW's, therefore your baptism was 'incomplete'. You need a 'do-over'.

I think your husband is closer to being a Christian than you are.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    But I do wish I could bathe myself in incense and kneel at Jehovah's feet; a sweet-smelling odor, an acceptable sacrifice.

Read your Bible about Jepthah's daughter- see how that worked out for her.

Jehovah doesn't like incense- he loves blood and burning flesh.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

a watcher:

jgnat...but you were not baptised as one of JW's, therefore your baptism was 'incomplete'. You need a 'do-over'.

----

This is a totally predictable response from "a watcher" (and why do you consider yourself an "independent thinker"?). Your JW responses are totally predictable- you're responding exactly as WT has trained you to.

"True" Christians = Jehovah's Witnesses

"False" Christians = everyone else.

Jehovah's Witnesses didn't exist until 1931. By "a watcher's" criteria, all Christians since the first century require a do-over. Too bad most of them are already dead. Oh well, too bad for them.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Jeffro

I do believe your off topic. I may be mistaken, but I thought that's the kind of behaviour simon has warned against.

This conversation isn't about 'my' research, or all of the 'others' research regarding the true identity of jehovah.

There are many other threads which contain that research, why don't you contact the authors of the research and point out to them they are wrong.

Interestingly enough, i notice you haven't taken issue with the 'others' who have stated same, actually, they are the ones who pointed me on the right road.

I'm sure awatcher may have found your contribution helpful though. Maybe it lifts your ego. If that's what you need, fair enough.

Have a nice day.

• *lost*
    *lost*

ADCMS

I'm starting to wonder if awatcher is a spoof.

somethings not right.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"burning" incense = bad.

"bathing" in incense = good.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    somethings not right.

Ya think?

The really scary thing is, I don't think a watcher is a spoof at all.

• *lost*
  • QC
    QC

somethings not right.

Of course it's a spoof. Why would a "vow to Jehovah" person want to go round and round with x-Jdubs? Doesn't add up!

• jgnat
    jgnat

LOLOLOL. My baptism was strictly biblical. Prove me wrong. I follow Christ. You follow something else.

Talking about "bathing in incense", I had my first experience at a native awareness retreat last year. Elders selected sage and a mushroom they had picked earlier, lit it in a brazier, and an assistant passed it in front of each of us as we prayed and waved the incense over our bodies. I'm not sure if it was the entire camp experience or that particular ritual, but I was mellow for days afterwards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit