What about your vow to Jehovah?

by a watcher 287 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

a watcher:

My faith in Jehovah's earthly organization remains unchanged.

And why wouldn't it? You've already said that you don't read everything they publish, and you pick and choose the bits you like anyway.

• *lost*
    *lost*

jeffro

same old same old. No substance though.

Like I said, go to the source and correct them. Your obviously more learned and qualified than everyone else on the subject.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Did you get baptized without being dedicated?

No. I was totally dedicated. As with any relationship, it became clear to me over time that the premises upon which I was led to make that dedication were false premises. So I reevaluated them, and made a decision that I could not in good conscience continue to dedicate myself to the God that the Watchtower promotes.

Why did you allow men to come between you and Jehovah?

It wasn't up to me. Those men were already there in the first place, insisting that I had no choice but to accept them as coming between me and Jehovah, or else I could have no relationship with him at all. Note what the July 15, 2012 Watchtower, page 20, paragraph 2 says: "It is vital that we recognize the faithful slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel.--Matt. 4:4; John 17:3." The God of the Bible would regard this statement as blasphemy. It is faith in Jesus Christ that enables a person to have a relationship with God, according to the Bible, not the recognition of a faithful slave. This is clear, documented proof--easily substantiated by further, similar quotes--that these men provided the above false premises upon which I based my dedication. Jehovah saw everything they and their predecessors have done for more than a century, and not only did he not correct them, he allowed them to fall into even greater errors as time went on. It is obvious that if such a God exists, he would not allow his true teachers to print statements like the above. And on the other hand, true teachers of God would never allow themselves to print statements like the above.

Why were you serving Jehovah at all? Out of love, or for other reasons?

Out of love. Certainly not for a date, as none was given to me. Of course I wanted to please my mother, but I sincerely believed such service was the right thing to do. I believed we were bringing hope and morality to the world, and that if everyone shared our beliefs, we could end the suffering of mankind and finally build a better world. For me personally, I believed it would protect me from the dangers of sin and guide me into a close relationship with God.

"Whenever you vow a vow to God, do not hesitate to pay it...What you vow, pay. Better it is that you vow not than that you vow and do not pay." (Ecc 5:4,5)

How does one make a vow to someone who does not in turn communicate in acceptance of that vow? It was clearly a one-sided relationship. Me doing the talking, the reading, the working, the struggling, and the hoping, and him doing something unknown and unknowable. And being mighty quiet in the process. If he wants to have a relationship, like any good parent, he should communicate through something a little clearer than a 2,000+-year-old book consisting of history and letters written to people who are not me. Someone with that much power and allegedly with that much love, can surely do better than that.

--sd-7

• Simon
    Simon

I discovered Jehovah was a made up character used to sell magazines.

I don't think any 'vow' counts because they lied about so much.

Besides, the beliefs most people dedicated themselves to have all been changed now so 'the contract is terminated by mutual consent'.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Jeffro weren't you chasing me this morning/last night? Pulling my hair and hitting me with soccer balls? I thought I was the cutest on the playground?

So before I read another few pages, has it been decided whether AWatcher is serious?

Edit: Oh brother... nevermind... and wow.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I thought I was the cutest on the playground?

Nope, just the playgrounf.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yhwh gave a specific recipe for his insence. Aaron and the priests were required to burn incense to yhwh.

*** it-1 p. 1195 Incense ***
    At the W end of the Holy compartment of the tabernacle, next to the curtain dividing it off from the Most Holy, was located “the altar of incense.” (Ex 30:1; 37:25; 40:5, 26, 27) There was also a similar incense altar in Solomon’s temple. (1Ch 28:18; 2Ch 2:4) Upon these altars, every morning and evening the sacred incense was burned.

(Exodus 30:7, 8) 7 “And Aaron must make perfumed incense smoke upon it. Morning by morning, when he dresses the lamps, he will make it smoke. 8 And when Aaron lights up the lamps between the two evenings, he will make it smoke. It is an incense constantly before Jehovah during YOUR generations.

(2 Chronicles 29:7, 8) 7 They also closed the doors of the porch and kept the lamps extinguished, and incense they did not burn, and burnt sacrifice they did not offer up in the holy place to the God of Israel. 8 And Jehovah’s indignation came to be against Judah and Jerusalem, . . .

(Psalm 141:2) 2?May my prayer be prepared as incense before you, The raising up of my palms as the evening grain offering.

The wt portrays burning incense in only a negative light. Yet, it was a requirement that yhwh set down for the jewish priests, and yhwh was angry when the preists stopped burning it. The catholic and the orthodox churches certainly use this in their worship. The gd claims to be mediators for all jws and the whole world, really. That puts the gb on the level of the ot jewish priests, whom were the mediators to yhwh. The gb is in a position to burn insence, when they pray to their god or have their secret meetings. Its something that pleased yhwh immensly in the ot, when aaron and the priests did it in the temple.

S

• jam
    jam

A Watch: I guarantee if you insist in trying to convert us,

you will not be a JW believer very long. A few months from now

you will be posting, they really did a job on me (JW). That

damn cult, how could I have been so blind. LOL. Every point you

have tried to make have been shot down, miserably by folks

that doesn,t attend four meetings a week, people who do not

have a Bible study by someone(JW) to help them understand the bible.

It,s amazing, for someone who is mislead , WOW, they have a

deep understanding of the bible.

• *lost*
    *lost*

I wonder if awathcer is one of the 'smug self-righteous types'

looking down on the 'poor ahmorites' (propb spelled that wrong, but don't care)

he is special, he has special knowledge, he knows 'the truth'..... dejavu.

Horses and Jockey's.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

A troll gotta troll, or maybe Watcher is pioneering this way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit