What about your vow to Jehovah?

by a watcher 287 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

A Watcher, do you realize that you are faithfully following dead men? This is why:

Recently, the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses has claimed the title “faithful and discreet slave” for themselves. This is a serious matter. When Jesus, as the master, returns and finds his slave to be faithful, he will appoint him over all his belongings. But when he arrives, and finds him beating his fellow slaves while imbibing with confirmed drunkards, he will be severely punished (Matt. 24:45-51; Luk. 12:41-48; cf. Rev. 18:3). In fact, he will be sentenced to death (Rev. 13:16 , 17; 14:9-12; 15:2; 16:2; 17:8; cf. 14:1, 4, 5).

• a watcher
    a watcher

Shirley, I believe in Jehovah.

But I was raised by my single father to be an independent thinker and to question authority.

So I love and serve Jehovah, but I do it in my own way.

• caliber
    caliber

cofty,

"Who gave you authority to change the message?"

I don't know. That's between Jehovah and the GB. The GB decided long ago to emphasize the Kingdom:

The Watchtower...Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom.

I just go with it.

What does The Bible say the Gospel is ? Can the message of the Gospel be changed ?

1cor15 : 1 ..Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.

2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance [a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Ever since the end of the Gentile Times in 1914something of very present importance has been added to the 'good news' of God that Jesus Christ used to preach......." Dec 15, 1967 WT, 753

In 'the last days' the good news of the Kingdom involves more than it did when Jesus was on earth...that the Kingdom is established in the heavens." - Jan 1, 1988 WT, 21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond what we declared to you as good news, let him be accursed. Galations 1:8,9

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Awatcher,are you a Baptized JW?..

Don`t tell me your dedicated,thats not baptized,we get plenty of those here..

They like to Pretend they`re JW`s and tell us about a life they`ve never lived..

They`re all as lazy and clueless as you are ..

Don`t Lie or..

Jehovah won`t be Your Friend..

...................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• a watcher
    a watcher

Vidqun, yes I've read the 7/15/13 Study WT.

I don't have a problem with the new understanding of the FDS.

In fact, I was glad to hear of it. Now the other anointed can blend into the congregations easier, without having that title (and the expectations of other people that go with it) hanging over their head.

• caliber
    caliber

a watcher what is your thought on this verse ?

However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond what we declared to you as good news, let him be accursed. Galations 1:8,9

If Jesus wasn't given kingdom authority until 1914 ,why this statement 2000 years ago ?

Matt28: 16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “ All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

• a watcher
    a watcher

OUTLAW, I'm a longtime dedicated AND baptised JW.

I'm too lazy to lie. One lie leads to another and then I'd have to remember them all.

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."---Mark Twain

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Walker you said

How can all Christian groups be approved by Jehovah when they all teach contradictory doctrine? Jehovah HAD to narrow it down to one.

Walker you do realize that Peter and Paul had different thoughts. They were considered two Christian groups but had taught about Jesus Christ.

Do you agree that the majority of of the early congregations were set up by Paul?

If you study those early congregations they had different types of teachings but were taught about Jesus Christ.The main topic was about Jesus Christ he was born, resurrected,and ascended. Different congregations called Christianity did not all teach the same thing but had a common thread, and that thread was Jesus Christ. I been to a lot of churches and they use Jehovah as Gods name. Any how congregations do not need that unity as taught by JWs. We are all parts of the body of Christ and can have different views. What a wonderful blessed people. What the Jehovahs Witnesses teach is you need one representive,organization, here on earth. That is false if you consider the early congregations all with different names. They were not all called Kingdom Halls. Your teaching communism without knowing it. Granted you think the Jehovahs Witnesses taught you to love Jehovah, but maybe you did prior to studying with someone? The Jehovhs Witnesses teach they are the spiritual Israelites, the 12 tribes. They did a shabby job of explaining Ezekiel's temple. Take notes they are not fullfilling Ezekiel's visions. You need to continue your deep studying but write down questions and read the bible not WTBTS books and magazines. Your here for a reason.
  • a watcher
    a watcher

caliber, thanks for quoting those Watchtowers. That was interesting.

About Galatians 1:8,9; I think Paul was talking about this issue to the Galatians specifically, not to Christians 2000 years later.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OUTLAW, I'm a longtime dedicated AND baptised JW
    I'm too lazy to lie......awatcher

I believe the lazy part..LOL!!..

It`s hard to believe your a JW..Your clueless..

If you really are a JW,I hope theres more just like you..

I hope people like you,fill all the Kingdom Halls in every country..

The WBT$ will sink like a Rock,there`s no way they can survive..

They need free labour and..

They aren`t going to sqeeze it out of you!..LOL!!..

....................... photo mutley-ani1.gif... OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit