My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It would be consistent and only correct therefore if those individuals and the WT society were to allow individual JWs the same freedom to make decisions of conscience on matters where they may make use of the facilities of a false religious organisation or render some kind of work or service to such an organinsation. If the reality was not actually completely opposite to that then many would be more than happy to cut the WT society some slack on the situation.

----

And this really is one of the core issues.

If the WT Society is willing to cut itself slack and fudge its own rules when it deems it acceptable, then a JW should be allowed the same freedom.

This freedom should apply to higher education, blood transfusions, entertainment, door to door preaching, meeting attendance, associating with disfellowshipped persons, etc.

And, this is the point the apologists completely ignore. In and of itself, obtaining NGO status with the UN to use the library may not be objectionable. However, the WT has made it clear for decades that the UN is one of the most reprehensible entities in Satan's world, a direct opposer of God's Kingdom, and has pulled no punches condemning other religions for being affiliated with the UN-regardless of the status.

To associate with it any capacity, according to WT rhetoric, is blatant spiritual fornication and rejection of God's Kingdom. WTs action is hypocrisy.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

ADCMS -

To associate with in any capacity, according to WT rhetoric, is blatant hypocrisy.

Totally agree.

It seems the WBT$ leaders knows they can do whatever they wants and the R&F will attribute NO culpability to them. The WBT$ could drop the bomb on a refugee camp and the R&F would find some way of justifying it.

It's a CULT!!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My favorite part was the thinly veiled threat of violence.

What a maroon!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

My favorite part was the thinly veiled threat of violence.

---

Well, mrsjones, since apparently you are a 400# truck driver, according to JLFN, if he got violent with you all you'd have to do is sit on him.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I was never so dishonest with myself and others, or so arrogant, as when I was asleep to TTATT. I am naturally a nice person, I love people of all kinds, I don't seek out confronations. When you are raised with the mistaken belief that you are part of the only Earthly Organized Religion that has any approval from GOD, it messes with your head.

Even if you don't really buy into all of it. It affects all that you do because it is the foundation of every action you take. It's the premise by which you make all your decisions. It's how you excuse your own faults, how you excuse being arrogant. It allows you to turn a blind eye to badness. You ignore people who you feel are a lost cause. They will never come into the truth, and that is sad. Too bad, let them alone because they are getting their reward in full..

Some of the worst behavior that I engaged in was as a DUB. I am sure some of it was because of the pressures, but honestly I was just a real conceited jerk, and thought that i was better than you. That's what being raised with an US vs THEM attitude does to you. It embitters you to others, it leeches away your natural affection.

I have had JW's cuss me out using the F word on YOUTUBE because I defended a man who left Bethel. That is hypocrisy! Jw's are no better than any other organized religion on earth. In fact, they are worse than many because of their judgmental, pharisaic attitude. Their are some really good people within the Org. They are the ones that won't come here, or start their own blog, or argue with " apostates " because even though they are wrong, they are sincere people. They believe they are listening to GOD, so they obey. That is more than I can say for the lying Lawyers who use double-speak while claiming to serve GOD, and for the trolls that visit this site.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I was never so dishonest with myself and others, or so arrogant, as when I was asleep to TTATT

----

So true, DD. I feel the same way.

Being a JW, you are saturated with the attitude that the WT, the 'faithful slave', and the organization in general has all the answers, can do no wrong, and is vastly superior to all other humans. After all, what the organization is doing is directly attributable to "god's direction". It is an exclusive club.

I look back with regret on all the truly good, moral and decent people I rejected and judged, simply because they were not JWs.

When a person finally steps back from that mindset and experiences a healthy dose of reality and lucidity, you see what a destructive thought process JWs live with.

And, when a JW reacts with pure vitriole when that mindset is challenged, the result is all too predictable.

• Satanus
    Satanus

In his first post, he claims to be fading, says the xjw version vis a vis the un/ngo issue seems legit:

'Hi, I'm just starting to "fade", for various reasons, not least of which due in part to the U.N. thing and the comparison with say someone joining the Y.M.C.A for even just using the gym. I came across this site though while looking into it, http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/

The reasons, and rationale seem pretty legit to me..........any thoughts on the matter, after reading it?

Thoughts on the difference between a DPA N.G.O and an ECO/SOC N.G.A for example?

Cheers in advance.'

S

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, what can you do? JW Elders lied in court about the 'Child Custody' packet. The Elders lie on film. The Elders use double-speak and circuitous reasoning in their " investigatory " meetings. The Lawyers do everything but tell outright lies in court. Hayden C. Covington told the truth. The GB don't want that happening again.. Jw apologists lie, that is a fact. What a terrible " witness " about GOD.

The real truth can be a bitter pill to swallow.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Here's an interesting point.. (put these quotes together) Kallam said: "It is inconceivable to me that an organization of this size and with such general competence in legal matters would be unaware that documents they had to sign each year had changed without it being pointed out to them"

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

justlookingfornow said:"Well Kallam, the renewal documents DIDN't have to be signed each year for renewal up until the change in critera for NGO status itself changed."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit