My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yep, I'm still amused.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Hey JLFN:

FYI- I was a JW for over four decades. There's little you can post that will impress me or that I haven't seen before. And, all that information you posted that was directed to me did not do ONE THING to support your erroneous claims. Not one of those quotes actually addresses the Watchtower's NGO status with the UN. Not one!

You seem to think I don't know WT doctrines, history, policies, etc. By your own admission you've been to what? 9 meetings in 15 years? Never been a baptized JW?

Your hubris is certainly astounding.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The jehovahsjudgement site is pure apologist reasoning that at best massages the facts. The reasoning, however, does allow those who are happy to accept it to be comfortable with the situation and dismiss the uncomfortable inferences as apostate propoganda. When I read it, even with a critical head on, I was slightly swayed.

That was until I read the excellent debunk on jwfacts. This http://jwfacts.com/print/expose-jehovahsjudgment.pdf pdf is an excellent piece of work and thoroughly exposes the JJ site.

Of course, all are entitled to their opinions and if anyone feels that the WT society's use of the UN was within acceptable bounds then that's their perogative.

It would be consistent and only correct therefore if those individuals and the WT society were to allow individual JWs the same freedom to make decisions of conscience on matters where they may make use of the facilities of a false religious organisation or render some kind of work or service to such an organinsation. If the reality was not actually completely opposite to that then many would be more than happy to cut the WT society some slack on the situation.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Data-dog has it right, one does not even join an organization that one believes is Satan's period. The fact that they joined is enough to prove they have egg on their face. Its like a married JW elder caught in side a whore house with his pants around his legs. he can say he was there to check the A/C unit or because he had a return visit but everyone looking on would know that its just not right and his excuses do not hold water. The Org was wrong in joining and they new it that's why they fled so fast. period enough said!!!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Yep, I'm still amused.'

Better than tv, i bet.

S

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

In short, it's like this (apparently )...

The Watchtower, January 1, 1979, p. 30-31: A JW signing up at the YMCA to use the pool = bad

'jehovahsjudgment.co.uk': Watch Tower signing up to use the UN Library = no problem

In even shorter:

It's a farce.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

You silly apostates.

It does not matter if the WTS was involved with the UN because they have consistently held the position that the UN is a political organization that is manipulated by Satan. So rest assured whatever association the WTS has had with the UN was done with pure intentions.

The WTS has also held the position that Christians should be strictly neutral in everything political. Remember the situation in Malawi? Witnesses must maintain strict political neutrality. So the WTS would never get involved or agree to support the agenda of a political organization.

Think about it, how could God's Organization be so hypocritical? It is unthinkable!

Only a corruptible human organization with it owns selfish motives, such as the proliferation of its published works and property holdings, as well as its public image and own preservation, be capable of such deceit and hypocrisy. I hope no one is suggesting that the WTS is just another human organization.

Even 1975 was the rank and files fault....... you silly apostates.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I tried to believe JLFN, I really did. His super-long troll rant confirmed what I already knew in my heart. It is amazing to me, that when one wakes up to TTATT, whatever natural thinking ability you have begins to increase. Within a couple of months of being on JWN I could spot a troll in the first sentence of their post. It's really amazing what you can do with a clear head.

Trolls are all the same.

1) Pick a hot-button topic

2) Pretend to be interested in a discussion

3) Use circular reasoning and snippets from WT literature out of context

4) Justify WT errors due to confirmation bias

5) Deny being a JW or JW apologist or a troll

6) Super-long rants ( very impressive for an un-baptized associate of JW's)

7) Claim having to " take a nap " and using the downtime to furiously search the WT CD-Library for any snippet that may seem helpful

8) Fade into obscurity

• Comatose
    Comatose

9) Pretend you live in England.

10) call everyone names like sonny, old man, or granny

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Data -

5) Deny being a JW or JW apologist or a troll

This is my all time fave troll tactic that I have observed.

Troll or no troll the WBT$ is evil. End of!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit