My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I live close to a resonanbly busy street, 20 odd shops banks, a train station,a couple of cafes and coffee shops etc and usually see Dubs doing street work close to the station and I'm now on nodding terms with an elder who is out most days of the week and have got close to recognizing most of the hard core of about a dozen of them , I was walking out of the cafe yesterday to be greeted by a couple of newbies I'd never seen before , a scruffy short dumpy man and a fairly well presented middle aged lady, I'll try and abridge the conversation as best as I can, we must have chatted for about 15 minutes and it was all in a good mannered style;

Me " have you sold many of those this morning ?"

jw guy " oh no we dont sell them we give them away for free" (like I didn't know that)

me " have you given many way then ?"

him "not really no"

me " can I ask you a couple of questions? Ive looked into your belief system quite deeply over the years and actually own a Revelation book and one subject that fascinates me is your interpretation of The Wild Beast and the Harlot that rides on her, if i'm not mistaken then the Wild Beast represents the United Nations and the Harlot is the Churches of Christendom ( at this stage I can see they faces turning blank!)

both of the them " yes that is correct "

me "ok so if any of those churches of Christendom were to join the UN as an NGO then they would face the very most worst judgment by God even facing possible destruction?

them " oh yes of course as the CoC are all part of Satan

me " Oh ok , so if the WTS was to join up with the UN then they would face similar judgment by God and it would certainly make them face destruction by God also?

her " impossible that we ever joined up with the UN absolutely impossible where did you hear this from, dont forget Satan is involved with spreading false truths like this"

me " ah well , you did join with the UN , a British respected broadsheet The Guardian covered the story and printed the papers that showed your membership of it and the committee from Bethel who signed the membership of it , this also means making an oath of allegiance to it, other sources that cover the membership are various google searches also jwfacts.com"

her " so they would be apostate websites?"

me " no far from it jwfacts.com ( I tried to plug this as many times as possible ) is merely an information site that carries details of a great many subjects about the WTS, in fact there is a full section of the UN membership ( scruffy one starts to get interested)

him " maybe I'll take a look at that when I get home , what was the name of the URL again?"

me " its jwfacts.com"

her " I find it hard to believe that we would ever join the UN surely there must be some kind of mistake or perhaps it is lies by apostates? if we joined the UN it would be included on jw.org?"

me " nope no mistake or lies the sources clearly show the signed papers that the WT was a member for over a decade then lied about it, it's going to be highly unlikely that your own organization's website would include that , IMO the WTS own website is biased"

her " oh no , our website is run by our own brothers"

by this time I'd stimulated their interests in this scruffy JW was all ears even getting rather exited. We then moved to to the usual JW crappy small talk about living close to the end and how Armageddon and god kingdumb would solve the worlds problems etc I counteracted with 7 billion people on the planet thousands of things are improving , cures for cancers/AIDS, educational prospects are available for billions, perhaps you'd like to live life 300 years ago where babies and adults alike could die from the most basic of infections, where slavery was legal as was rape! she actually agreed with me, we then got onto the subject of child abuse and paedophilia with the religious organizations and the fact the your own organization has a child abuse scandal with compares and my be even proportionally worse then the Churches that your own organization condemns;

her " oh no we may not be perfect but would never allow child abusers to serve within our congregations, the holy spirt would'nt allow it "

me " the holy spirit ?! doesn't seem to be doing a very good job does it, just a few miles from here a convicted peodophile serves in a neighbouring congregation to yours, did you see The Panorama programme on the BBC a few years ago ? and a dedicated website silentlambs.com covers thousands of child abuse issues across the planet from within your own organization ( scruffy gets interested again)

her, look many people become JW's who have left terrible lifestyles behind thats the holy spirit"

me " interesting I know a Hells Angel who became a Mormon , I knew a drug addict that became an evangelical christian, I knew a convicted murderer that became a Scientologist! all evidence of the holy spirt?

We concluded the conversation and she commented on my impressive knowledge of world wide religion, I explained to her that my wife was a Buddhist, I've studied contemporary and ancient belief systems etc , her final comment was that would I like to come to the KH! I hope scruffy and maybe even her soaked in the information I left them with!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Nice work.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Nice. I bet the elders get a lot of questions about the UN.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    me ... IMO the WTS own website is biased"

her " oh no , our website is run by our own brothers"

Oh, well it can't possibly be biased then.

• ssn587
    ssn587

It's always a good thing to put correct information out there to the dubs, most will just let it go in one ear and out the other, but some may start thinking about it and hopefully research it and come to the right conclusion that the society is nothing more than a man made business and truthfully nothing but a snare and a racket.

I love nothing more than informing people when asked about TTATT. Even their own actions discredit them, when spouse died, a lady down the streeet had been studying with a pioneer sister for several months, she was concerned that no one ever came to see me and my daughter after my wife passed away, she had asked me, how come they don't come and try and console you two, I told her well what do you think, does it show that they have true love in the congregation or is it just words. Well that pioneer sister lost her study and a neighbor is much smarter about what the witnesses really are. More conversations with her and telling her about jwfacts and showing her in the society's on pubs was enough to convince her that she wanted nothing more to do with them.

Some days later she stopped by to see how we were and then told me that she told them she wanted nothing more to do with them, when the pioneer sister asked her why she just used how they didn't come around and see us as her reason and she told me she told the sister that if you really had true love you would have at least followed up with the daughter and went to see her and visit with her, since you haven't your words ring very hollow. I believe that's the exact wording she used. She then told me she told them to leave her house and never ever come back.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

her " impossible that we ever joined up with the UN absolutely impossible where did you hear this from, dont forget Satan is involved with spreading false truths like this"

false truths - Only a JW would use a silly expression like that. It's part of their "pure language."

• New Light
    • Present Truth
    • Evidently
    • Overlapping Generation
    • Soon
    • Other Sheep

... the list is long

• BU2B
    BU2B

Wonderful job Jookbeard! I am pretty sure you really got them thinking, especially the guy.

I think your success came from the technique you used where you made them commit to a stand of negativity against Becoming a NGO, to the point where she said, Its IMPOSSIBLE! You already made her acknowledge how wrong all other religions would be for doing this, per WT doctrine, and then when she did you asked what if the WT joined, and she had to say its impossible, or she knows it would be hypocritical. Im sure you caused an awful lot of cognitive dissonance in those two..

Your approach was so much more effective than if you had just ran over to them and came with accusations of UN NGO status, they would have apologized for it and made excuses. I think this is a technique we all must use if we are to get JWs to wake up. Make them commit to a certain stance or opinion that would be negative to the WT if true, and then prove it is true.

This reminds me of when the Sparlock DVD came out, JWs who saw it online thought it was so bad it just had to be a forgery! Big suprise and a healthy dose of Dissonance when they realesed it at their DC! They MUST turn their scorn into appreciation. Anything to get them to think, and I think you really did that Jookbeard

• blondie
    blondie

Just one point, the WTS did not join the UN but associated with it as a non-governmental organization (NGO). NGOs were to share the principles of the UN Charter. What principles/ideals does that Charter have that the WTS should not share?

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/united-nations-association.php

http://www.un.org/en/documents/charter/preamble.shtml

PREAMBLE

WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS DETERMINED

• to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and
    • to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small, and
    • to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law can be maintained, and
    • to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,
    AND FOR THESE ENDS

• to practice tolerance and live together in peace with one another as good neighbours, and
    • to unite our strength to maintain international peace and security, and
    • to ensure, by the acceptance of principles and the institution of methods, that armed force shall not be used, save in the common interest, and
    • to employ international machinery for the promotion of the economic and social advancement of all peoples,
    HAVE RESOLVED TO COMBINE OUR EFFORTS TO ACCOMPLISH THESE AIMS

Accordingly, our respective Governments, through representatives assembled in the city of San Francisco, who have exhibited their full powers found to be in good and due form, have agreed to the present Charter of the United Nations and do hereby establish an international organization to be known as the United Nations.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Right, Blondie. That way wt can say, "oh no, we never JOINED the UN, how ridiculous!" - and then continue to confuse the dubs with their deceptive double-speak.

However, as it is for any NON-governmental agency, becoming an NGO IN ASSOCIATION with the United Nations, the wt was just as close as it possibly could've been - it couldn't have shared a closer relationship unless it was an actual nation. It's just a publishing company hitching a ride on the back of that ol' beast.

As more and more jws find this out, watch for the wt to produce some fascinating excuses LIES in upcoming 'QFR'. For some it's no big thing - but for some it's HUGE. I'd love to hear how they're going to cover themselves on this one.

• moshe
    moshe
    her final comment was that would I like to come to the KH! I hope scruffy and maybe even her soaked in the information I left them with!

Good attempt to get JWs to think- however their minds are like the child's magic slate- I hope brother Scruffy has a good memory-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit