My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Jwjudgement site says: 'Each year, the DPI required its NGOs to sign the Accreditation Form to state who its representatives would be — to allow them to gain access to the DPI's extensive facilities at the United Nations in New York. Here we have a copy of the Accreditation Form as it appeared prior to 2002 — before the renewal process began and before the form was changed to become a renewal application.'

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Affiliation=Association, though, so not sure of the point he was making there... http://dictionary.com/d/?q=affiliation

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"1. To adopt or accept as a member, subordinate associate, or branch: The HMO affiliated the clinics last year." http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=affiliate

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Anyway, stick around justlookingfornow.. You're a real live wire and should add an interesting balance to things here at Jwn. You handle insults well, so you'll do just fine.. Fancy a cuppa, old bean? (I think that's what you say)

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Justlookingfor now you might want to consider the following statement from the Revelation book that leaves no room for respect or minimal partcipation:

"The UN does not have the answers. And why? Because the Giver of life to all mankind is not the UN's life-giver. Its life span will be short, for according to God's decree, "it is to go off into destruction." The UN's founders and admirers do not have their names recorded in God's scroll of life. How could sinful, mortal men, many of whom mock God's name, achieve through the UN what Jehovah God has declared he is about to accomplish, not by human means, but through the Kingdom of his Christ?-Daniel 7:27; Revelation 11:15.

9 The UN is actually a blasphemous counterfeit of God's Messianic Kingdom by his Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ-to whose princely rule there will be no end. (Isaiah 9:6, 7) Even if the UN were to patch up some temporary peace, wars would soon erupt again. This is in the nature of sinful men. "Their names have not been written upon the scroll of life from the founding of the world." Jehovah's Kingdom by Christ will not only establish eternal peace on earth but, on the basis of Jesus' ransom sacrifice, raise the dead, the righteous and the unrighteous who are in God's memory. (John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15) This includes everyone who has remained steadfast despite the attacks of Satan and his seed, and others who have yet to show themselves obedient. Obviously, God's scroll of life will never contain the names of die-hard adherents of Babylon the Great or of any who continued to worship the wild beast.-Exodus 32:33; Psalm 86:8-10; John 17:3; Revelation 16:2; 17:5."

(Revelation book ,chapter 34,pp248-249, pars 8-9)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

RaymondFrantz, nicely done. If a R&F JW acquired any kind of UN affiliation (even for something as innocent as research), he'd've had his ass hauled before a JC the moment the elders got a sniff of it specifically based on those passages from that book. Fred Franz' eschatology is WT canon.

Yet the WTS quietly acquired NGO status to make overseas expansion a lttle easier?

Two big things wrong with that:

1) Any leadership that gives marching orders it won't follow itself (and vice versa) isn't worthy of leadership.

2) Any movement that uses less-than-truthful actions to defend or advance its claim of absolute Truth completely undermines that claim by the very less-than-truthful actions it's using.

The Quiet One - "Affiliation=Association, though, so not sure of the point he was making there..."

Playing the semantics card, maybe?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Affiliation=Association, though, so not sure of the point he was making there... http://dictionary.com/d/?q=affiliation

----

This was JLFN's diversionary tactic to avoid answering how the WT could justify ANY association with the UN.

He picked on my use of the word "affiliation" as an inaccurate description of the nature of the WT's NGO status. Since JLFN felt the word "affiliation" didn't apply, he then excused the WT's action.

It's the coward's course of action when he's run out of options- and answers.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

has she been banned? another reincarnation of Recovery? but with more lies?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    has she been banned? another reincarnation of Recovery? but with more lies?

Probably Recovery or thirdwitness. (Do we know for sure that they're not the same person anyway?)

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Well I must say..................... :)

I've enjoyed myself immensely so far . You lot are just SO easy to wind up :)

Ever heard the phrase "Playing devil's advocate"? Yeah, ok, a bit naughty I must admit, but I thought it a fun way to introduce myself AND show up lame apologist "reasoning" for all to see. And it' can be a lot of fun to wind up even like minded individuals :) I think the penny dropped with one or two of you.............maybe. Anddontcallmeshirley............. You actually REALLY thought I was defending their position on the UN? Really? :) Ha, ha, ha, ha, maybe I did it a little too well :) but I really thought the penny was going to drop with you, I really did! It was hard to type and not spill my cuppa through laughing my arse off so much. Was going to keep it up for a few more days, but I think I might do myself a bit of a mischief with laughing so much. I'm sure you're a very smart articulate bloke, but "hubris" LOL My hubris is showing :) C'mon, just say " Overbearing pride or presumption" or "arrogance" next time. You don't have to desperately thumb through your thesaurus to impress us matey :) I'm sure you're a very nice bloke, very nice, but it does make you seem a bit of a pretentious a*** h*l* My own REAL opinion on the whole sorry affair is that some dunce was refused access to a part of the UN library, either deliberately or not, rightly or wrongly, and thought he'd pull a fast one. Being an uneducated window washer, ( fed a constant diet of limited depth of reasoning over the years), he didn't quite grasp the full implication of becoming a registered NGO. (DUH) When someone at head office with one or two intact marbles found out about it, they obviously baled out and back peddled as fast as their little legs could carry them :) Pretty hilarious actually, or rather it would be if it didn't smell quite so much of hypocrisy. One thing I would say, if we ever do get a real dub or dub apologist on here, which let's face it is.........unlikely (you lot should have picked up on the devils advocate piss take) it's probably best not to swoop down on them like a pack of circling vultures and peck them to death with petty insults and swipes. What we don't want to do, in any way shape or form, is engender ANY pity for them from onlookers. Well, apart from any pity for being as mad as a bicycle. But their insane waffle should do that right boys and girls? :) Plus, personally, I don't like bullying in any way shape or form, and it did come across a little bit like that, even understanding and agreeing with all your frustrations. I was brought up as a dub, as I said, but sure as hell was never baptised, dreamt of running away and joining the circus actually, but made do with joining the Army, same thing really in many ways. Always resented being forced out on field circus by my well meaning Mum, although could sort of see the rationale of not celebrating Xmas or Easter if you honestly believed all the Christian guff, Birthdays though.......why not? Always thought having to get togged up in Sunday best to attend meetings was bollocks, after all, did the disciples or first century Christians dress up in Sunday best? I doubt it. I know there are some very nice, very well meaning dubs, I've met them, but just as many two faced smarmy tw*ts too. Licking elders a***s for the "privilege" of carrying a microphone. Never could work out the logic of that one even as a nipper. So.............what a laugh, kept me entertained, as Sat anus said, "better than telly" Sat anus, what's with the handle, bit of a devil who likes it up the b*m? Each to their own I suppose. If I offended anyone by taking the micky and playing devils advocate.........Tough! :) Nah, I don't mean that, it was all in good fun, exposed lame reasoning in what I thought was an effective manner, :) As an aside, Punkofnice and Datadog.I like the cut of your jib.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit