My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

recovering-

Great effort but you'll make no headway with JLFN. You see, he's in love with the Watchtower and will recognize no logical arguments, evidence or WT quotations that show his position as untenable.

Rather than answer questions, he will pick on a particular word you might use, like "disingenuous", and become so completely focused on that word that he never has to answer the question you asked.

JLFN doesn't seem to recognize that all those quotes he cherry-picked from WT literature actually do nothing to support his arguments, because he does not really understand the Organization he's infatuated with, the Watchtower.

• recovering
    recovering

I wanted jlfm to see this official document from the UN which clealy states their participation in the UN and that they agreed to support and respect the principles of the UN.

• recovering
    recovering

AndDontCallMeShirley I think you are right sir he will not listen to either logic nor proof.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Yeah, I know. That's an excellent document, Recovering.

JLFN will ignore it. Brace yourself for whatever absurdity he'll retort with.

I'm sure it'll be a doozy.

He focused on a word I used in reference to WT's NGO status, namely, "affiiiation".

JLFN argued that "affiliation" with the UN is not a correct way to describe the WT's association with it as an NGO and, therefore, there was nothing hypocritical about it. He never did get around to answering the question.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Are you guys still playing w this guy??!! Hes playing you, you know. I went out and did some stuff, and came back, and here youse are, right where i left you. Well, have fun w him.

S

• dazed but not confused
  • recovering
    recovering

I love a good debate lol. I however may tire of it, if he can not provide evidence to support his position.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

He is either a JW apologist or a liar and one of the GB

Either way, what a nut job.

ps, i know hes not a GB member.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

satanus: Are you guys still playing w this guy??!! Hes playing you, you know. I went out and did some stuff, and came back, and here youse are, right where i left you. Well, have fun w him.

---

I actually stepped away from my computer for about 5 hours and checked back in for a good laugh.

JLFN has become a running joke- he just doesn't realize it yet.

recovering: I love a good debate lol. I however may tire of it, if he can not provide evidence to support his position.

we're 13 pages into this thread and JLFN has yet to offer any evidence to support his position and has managed to ignore all evidence that debunks his delusional fantasies. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high that he will make a sudden turnaround and begin thinking rationally.

How much you want to bet he jumps on the word "rationally"? LOL.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Laughing is good.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit