My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Last point before I toddle off to work, the principals of the UN charter which, as has been agreed before, anyone in their right mind

would be in agreement to, are Peace and security for mankind. The UN even quote the Bible itself.

How does it go against the jw's beliefs to want peace and security for mankind?

As said before in this thread though, the jw's state and have always stated that the UN will not and cannot achieve this without God.

That's it's God's theocratic kingdom that will solve mankinds problems NOT the UN inspite of what their charter may say.

Ta, ta, for now.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

obtaining recognition as a non governmental organisation to obtain access to

library and other facilities, where no support for the United nations has to be offered up is, in my opinion, completely different to obtaining

---

justlookingfornow-

You really need to educate yourself on this issue.

Prior to 9-11-01 full access to the UN Library was available on the Internet. Physical access was also possible without NGO status. No application or NGO status was required to obtain access in either case.

Post 9-11, most of the UN Library was still accessible online. Again, without NGO status or affiliation with the UN.

So, the Watchtower's argument that they needed NGO status in order to access the UN library is pure bunk. And, even if it was true, by the Watchtower's own printed standards, it should have had absolutely NO affiliation with the UN in any form. That is what you seem to not be understanding. The WT has villified the UN and its predecessor, The League of Nations, from itsd inception, labelling it as the "Image of the Wild Beast", "Satan's Organization", an opposer of god, and any who have dealings with it as "harlots".

Argue all you want, but what WT has put in print is irrefutable and clear.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

My last reply "vanished" something to do with already posting 49 replies............

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

andontcallmeshirley...............you had internet back in 1991 when the jw's sought NGO status to access library facilities? :)

wow !

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

The UN didn't have it's library online in 1991...............the early days of public access to the internet, perhaps you need to educate yourself justr a tad

on that one matey.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

justlookingfornow: There were two completely different criteria for eco/soc NGO's and DPI NGOs' in 1991, your saying "no there wasn't" doesn't and won't

change that truth in the slightest.

Write to the UN they confirmed it with me, no reason they won't do the same for you.

---

I've already done my research. Obviously, no amount of evidence will convince you that you are in error. An abundance of evidence has been posted on this topic showing you are absolutely, undeniably in error, yet you stubbornly continue to argue your position unfazed. I'll leave you with the following quotes:

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe."
    - Carl Sagan

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

But your write on one thing at least, they have put their stance on teh UN to paper AND they've never changed that stance.

I say again, holding status as a non governmental organisation to obtain access to information is completely different to

affiliation with the UN, that's the point you seem not unable, but unwilling to see.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Quoting Russell and Sagan doesn't really give credance to to your arguments at all, you just see exactly what you want to

see and accuse me of the same. But the facts remain the same no matter how hard you and your type are willing to twist them.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The other retaining part to this story is that the WTS. used the UN's power and influence to help their organization in countries

where they've had problems establishing and operating, so their activity isn't just constrained in using the UN's library.

One might say they climbed aboard the Great Wild Beast for their own agenda.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

ADCMS,

You forgot to highlight a very important part for JLFN.

"As Jehovah's Witnesses they value their relationship to God and Christ above everything
    else. Were they to identify themselves as giving unquestioning support to any political
    arrangement.
    .. Any act on their part that would indicate otherwise, therefore, would be an act of disloyalty. Such an act would be taking away from God and Christ their rightful due and would be worship to the "wild beast."

"No matter how insignificant the act required may seem, a Christian's engaging in such worship would mean his being disloyal to God and Christ." Watchtower 1976 October 15 pp .632,636

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit