My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

DATA-DOG: If you are re-evaluating the situation, then do your homework. Your opinion, or my opinion about being an NGO does not matter. What does matter it the WTBTS's consistent " scriptural " stand on the subject of the United Nations. A view that every JW must agree with or face disfellowshipping. If don't think it's bad to be an NGO, good for you!

Still, the facts are that the GB of the WTBTS consistently taught that the UN is Satan's instrument.

----

Yes, JLFN, you have argued with everyone on this subject. You've been shown repeatedly your arguments, from Watchtower's point of view, hold no water. Yet, you reply undaunted while doggedly hanging on to your original view.

I've not insulted your intelligence. I am making an observation on your character and thinking based on evidence you have made available- your posts.

As far as ad hominem attacks, I think you owe a lot of people on this thread an apology.

Your words and responses are quite offensive.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Datadog, yeah I was born in myself, 1971-1985 (ish) so I know a fair old bit myself.

Various things have made me start to attend meetings and reevaluate my opinions.

Not least of which the cyrus cylinder, and the prophecies revolving aroung the fall of Baby;lon.

I'm investigating the accuracy of 607 as teh correct year as we argue now :)

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Not insulted my "intelligence" oh, ok, if you say so, no offence taken then matey.

But generally being called obtuse with the suggestion that I may cling to the hope that the Earth isn't round..........

well, some may say that's a liitle like calling someone as dumb as a bucket of spit :)

Would probably be fun to argue after a few pints I'd imagine :)

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

JLFN: come on now adcms.................ignored every argument put forward, now that's a bit of a fib.

I just think it's bad manners to insist on calling someone a liar without a bloody good justification that's all.

----

Tell me JLFN- are you the kettle or the pot?

You don't like being called a liar, but have no trepidation about calling someone else a liar. Or, does your use of the word "fib" somehow get you off the hook?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" In dealing with Englishmen you can be sure of one thing only,
    that the logical solution will not be adopted."
    - William Ralph Inge

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Mrs Jones I'm almost flattered that you'd consider me a young punk "smelling myself", you must be a bit long in the

tooth if you consider me young Granny

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

justlookingfornow sounds like he's just entering the door that leads to the Truth about the Watchtower Corporation,

upon this deserves a level of respect in my opinion.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jonesy said:

' Young punk smelling himself more likely.'

Youre most likely right. Hes quite agile; turns on a dime. An older jw, an elder wouldn't bother.

S

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

well shirley isn't it a lie to suggest that I've ignored every argument put forward so far?

Or did you "misspeak" ?

I've disagreed with them all, would need to at least notice them to disagree with them

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's the way you present yourself sonny. Love the weak attempts to insult. Good for you. *claps and pats sonny's little head*.

Pun not intended. Get you freaking minds out of the gutter, you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit