My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

ps..............yeah, I know teh Earth isn't perfectly round, so not quite a sphere :)

again............I don't much care :)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If you didn't care you won't respond. Wow, you're just wrong all the way round. Cool.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jonesy

Notice how he picked up on the not caring, when i said that i didn't care if he became jw. He picked it up and used it on you. Hes quick, but not really that original.

S

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Oh, I've been listening for a while now and hardly think it fair to call me anymore opinionated that your good self.

---

Alluding to my previous example of holding the belief the earth is flat (which you completely missed to point of):

Are you entitled to holding the opinion that the earth is flat? Yes, of course you are, It's your opinion.

Because it's your opinion, does that mean it is a FACT? Absolutely not!

No one here is saying you can't have your own opinions. What we do have a problem with is that your opinions are not in line with the facts, but you are insisting that we accept your delusions anyway.

If you continue to insist on hanging on to your opinions while declaring them as truth, you've got a hard, bumpy road ahead of you.

No one here is going to listen to nonsense- whether it's from you or anyone else.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Well, why would you care satanus? No skin off your nose right? :)

Besides, I said I don't much care, I'm not completely uncaring :)

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Well thanks adcms, I'll hold onto my opinions as much as you hold on to yours and of course, opinion is opinion

and "truth" truth.

All we can have are opinions about what appears as truth to ourselves, you included.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

JLFN said: Hold back on a few of the insults and I'm sure we'll get along like a house a fire...............maybe.

3 minutes later, he posts this:

Mrsjones...........sorry, but I really, really don't quite actually care if you're impressed or not.

For all I know you may be a 400 lbs trucker from god only knows where for all I know.

I just...................don't care :)

----

I predict your time on JWN will be quite brief, JLFN. This kind of caustic behavior will win you no friends.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hey, are you really going to ask the CO? You should. You are in a unique position. I don't know if you realize this, but the Org is on high-alert for apostates! Who is an apostate, you may ask? Anyone who disagrees with the GB, even if you believe what they believed last year, even if you were right and they were wrong.. Sounds Christ-like doesn't it? So you csn ask a question that many of us cannot. Go for it! Tally-ho!!!

An Englishmen eh? Well, let's dispense with all the hullabaloo and call a spade a spade my good man! God save the Queen and all that, pip-pip!!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Well thanks adcms, I'll hold onto my opinions as much as you hold on to yours and of course, opinion is opinion

and "truth" truth.

All we can have are opinions about what appears as truth to ourselves, you included.

----

Here we are on page #11 JLFN, and you still haven't learned a damn thing !

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

That was hardly and insult, wasn't an insult at all, if it was taken as one I apologise to MrsJones.

As for wanting friends on here, thanks but no thanks not if differing or "opposing" viewpoints, if held with as much

conviction as your own, are met with quite as many insults and as much hostility.

It's like a crime to question your view or what you say, or to present an opposing opinion.

I think I prefer to decline friendship actually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit