My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Finkelstein said: When the WTS. did signing up as a NGO back in 1991, there were also stated requirements by the UN for organizations that were trying to do so.

----

This fact is too uncomfortable for JLFN to acknowledge. He has ignored every statement made here and every piece of evidence which shows his position as untenable. Undeterred by facts, logic and evidence, he will no doubt begin another rant which completely dismisses what you just stated.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Well I was smiling a bit myself as I said it, all good fun when all is said and done. :)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I apologize. Accusing you of dishonesty is not cool. Sorry. You seem to be a JW apologist.

" As for bored JW apologist.........no mate, I've never been baptised, I was brought up as a JW until aged 18, quite some time ago

and am now reevaluating the situation. Must say, the more I hear on this particular site, the more inclined I am to feel that they do

in fact have the truth."

Let's revisit the above quote. Do you have family who are still JW's? Why are you re-evaluating the situation? Just a word of advice, you might feel inclined to believe they have the truth, but just because they are called out on something doesn't mean they are being persecuted. You reap what you sow. They love to use " persecution " as proof of having " the truth."

If you are re-evaluating the situation, then do your homework. Your opinion, or my opinion about being an NGO does not matter. What does matter it the WTBTS's consistent " scriptural " stand on the subject of the United Nations. A view that every JW must agree with or face disfellowshipping. If you don't think it's bad to be an NGO, good for you!

Still, the facts are that the GB of the WTBTS consistently taught that the UN is Satan's instrument. It is THE instrument that will destroy ALL religion, and then attempt to destroy the " true religion." According to the JW's the Devil is not a nice guy. He is the epitome of evil, he is real, he wants you and all your family to die...forever. Why would God approve of associating with any of his clubs in any way? Remember, the WTBTS has condemned anyone who " associates " with the Wild Beast.

Guess what? You are not baptized. You are bad " association " for Jw's. Your neighbors are bad " association." I don't have to totally support your neighbors lifestyle by " associating " with them. If your neigbor was gay, and I spent time with him or her on a regular basis, I would be labled bad " association." If you have a child, they cannot attend a University because of bad " association." You can't go to your neighbor's Super-Bowl party because they are bad " association."

The Leaders of the WTBTS can associate with Satan's Political Organization?! If you did what they did, you would not qualify for baptism.. Let that sink in... If you were baptised and did what they did, you would more than likely be df'd.

This UN/NGO thing is just ONE issue. If I were you, I would get my hands on every older publication that I could. Then I would fact check everything myself. Make sure that what they are saying about " everything " is true. There is no lie in truth. Go to http://www.jwfacts.com/ and check all the references for yourself.

I am a born-in, and I know way more than you do about what the WTBTS claims they have taught over the last 100+ years. I still consider myself to be woefully inadequate in explaining TTATT. If you were never baptised, as hard as it may be to hear, you know far less than I do. Most JW's have no idea what is in their current CD-Library, let alone anything pre-1950 for the WT and pre-1970 for the Awake. Get a Proclaimer's book, get The Harp Of God, Get The Divine Plan of the Ages, seriously!

Educate yourself, seriously. Otherwise you do not have enough knowledge to re-evaluate your way out of a wet paper sack.

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past." George Orwell.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Chain smokers don't bother me. You don't look like a jw? How do jws look? I can spot a jw dressed for door to door. But, other than that, they look more or less normal, Do you look normal? If so, then how would i know by your looks that you aren't a jw? 'Course, i know what your real threat was/is.

I called you a caped, masked wt crusader, against your wishes. You took that as me calling you a liar, and came back w a threat. Threats are not allowed on this board, as we all know.

'but I do think children should play nicely or not at all, don't you? :)'

I wasn't playing your game, so you escalated. I wonder if you aren't a jw w an position, like elder, or something. You are used to getting respect/getting your way. Youre not just a regular jw.

S

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

come on now adcms.................ignored every argument put forward, now that's a bit of a fib.

I also didn't play the "Let's insult the oher blokes intelligence" card just because of a difference of viewpoint.

You did though I notice. :)

Ad hominem much Shirley???? Ah? Just a bit? Just a tad, just a smidge LMAO ! : )

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well said Dog.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

JLFN: Well fella, the Bible does actually mention that the Earth is a sphere hanging upon nothing. :)

----

Actually, the Book of Job calls the earth a "circle". That's very different than a sphere....sonny.

And for your information, the Greeks figured out the earth was a sphere long before the Book of Job was written, and accurately estimated pretty damn close it's actual dimensions.

So, your argument does nothing to prove your point...other than to confirm your very child-like, and predictable response, to information you cannot acknowledge in an adult manner.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its not really surprising when an individual person cant acknowledge or realize the WTS's subtle incident of hypocrisy with the UN,

to not also realize the commercialized fraudulent core of this religious publishing organization.

Disingenuous integrity is nowhere to be seen with these people, no matter how hard one tries to reveal it.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Satanus, nope, I'm just an Englishman, we come across that way sometimes.

and don't forget, face to face one can hear the tone in the voice and see the expression in the eye and see the

body language THEN you'd know I was telling the truth.

I just think it's bad manners to insist on calling someone a liar without a bloody good justification that's all.

Plus the jape on your name was first a mistype, then a jape, then admitidly a piss take.

Sorry if you took offence at that :)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" I wonder if you aren't a jw w an position, like elder, or something. You are used to getting respect/getting your way. Youre not just a regular jw."

Young punk smelling himself more likely. The maturity level is just stellar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit