My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

zed is dead........trolling instigate, or in the case of the majority of you here...........insult.

Redvip2000...........that's the very point I intend to raise.

Mrs Johns it wasn't a threat, it was a statement of fact. As for "brownie points" I don't give a monkeys uncle about them,

and I don't call people liars without justification either.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'speaks volumes in fact. Makes me even more willing to listen to the JW's.'

Your apologetics and tactics speak volumes. You have already listened to jws, a lot, obviously.

S

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

avoid insulting, threatening or provoking language.............Ohhhhh like being called a liar or ring muscle I suppose?

Just about sums up the type of person I've been waisting my time with on this site I think :)

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Sat anus, I talk to most people, JW's Muslims, Catholics, Budists, humainists, all sorts. I even tend not to call people liars

because I happen to disagree with them or insult them, unlike a few people on this particular site.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

You say anus and you think it's cute, unless it is applied to you.

zed

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's Mrs Jones. And not it wasn't a statement if fact, it's your opinion. You don't know who you're talking to here. Posturing on a message board to folks you don't even know is beyond stupid and immature. No one is impressed by your stupidity.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

satanus sat anus big difference dead zed.

Posturing Mrsjones, by saying that sa anus would soon know I was not a jw if he met me in real life?

How so? He's know it very quickly by how I look and by the fact that I chain smoke and certainly don't

look like a "dub" He would soon see to his discomfort because anyone with an ounce of decency would feel discomfort

at learning they'd unjustifably called someone a liar, or would u disagree with that too?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@justlookingfornow

I think your point is slightly different . Your point seems to be that this was for a library card, which obviously it wasn't.

The real value of being an NGO is not access to information. Yes you are included in the UN information pipeline and receive periodic information which you are then suppose to relay to your audience. But that information is generally available even if you weren't an NGO.

The real value is that as an NGO you have a chance to attend meetings, conferences and other events where you have a chance to meet, provide feedback, "rub elbows" with UN officials and lobby for your agendas. You didn't really think over 1000 organizations were joining to get a dumb newsletter from the UN, did you?

I'm not implying that the Watchtower society ever made of point of mingling with UN officials. However the fact is that if they did, if can only help them as the UN can make their lives easier in countries where JW activities are banned. .... ;)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Zed and Satanus I think you hurt the litlle boy's feelings.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Nah, not really Mrsjones, but I do think children should play nicely or not at all, don't you? :)

Takes more than that to wind me up, but keep trying if you all feel it helps :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit