My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thinly veiled threats are so uncool. No not just uncool, flaccid, weak, without merit, grandstanding, unnecessary. Yep. I'm not impressed.

• Satanus
    Satanus

You have no problem lying about the wt/un affair coverup/justification. You are a liar. And, you're not above messing w my name. You're a champ apologist. Its a good way to avoid facing the point i made about not needing to join to get library access.

S

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I agree with the liar bit.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

It was neither veiled nor a threat, just a statement of fact, anyone talking to me face to face would quickly be able to

tell that I wasn't a "dub", especially if they insulted me.

And frankly, I don't actually care if you're impressed or not.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Plus at anus and mrsjones, not everyone who disagrees with you IS a JW, but you're certainly going about the right

way of making me more inclined to listen to them.

• zed is dead
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

The criteria for membership as an NGO associated with the UN-DPI, did change in 1991, but not regarding the natural aknowledgement of support for the charter and principles of the UN as it was set forth since the inception of the concept of association by NGO's. That has NEVER changed. What has changed are small logistical requirements in the same manner that today joinng the YMCA might require an additional form or document which was not needed 20 years ago. However the core of concept of support for the YMCA principle never changes. The UN resolution to begin onboarding of NGO's was executed in 1968 under resolution Resolution 1297 of 27 May. This resolution which is available to be consulted, outlined the purpose of NGO's right from the get-go when it stated: "...shall undertake to support the work of the United Nations and to promote knowledge of its principles and activities, in accordance with its own aims and purposes and the nature and scope of its competence and activities". The aknowledgement of this purpose never changed, as the purpose itself never changed. Now if you want to make the argument that the WT never took a good look and wasn't paying attention, then go right ahead. But to me, this as with many other things inside the Org, seems incomprehensible within the scope that this should be a spirit directed organization. One would think that an all-knowing, all-powerful CEO would not let His organization have such an improper association for so many years. Believe it if you want.. not me.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Sat anus, I haven't told a single lie, I've been totally honest and I object to being called a liar just because I happen to

disagree with your viewpoint. It's certainly been a real eye opener, how some of you have reacted to mt daring to hold a different

view on the matter, speaks volumes in fact. Makes me even more willing to listen to the JW's.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A threat is a threat, veiled or not, whether you think you can back it up or not (and i highly doubt you can). Its still a threat and not well tolerated here. Any brownie points you think you gained were for not.

Posting Guidelines

To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
  • zed is dead
    zed is dead

jlfn,

Anus is as anus does. You appear to be pure ring muscle!

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit