My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kallam
    Kallam

The entire argument rests on whether they dissasociated themselves because the change was so vastly significant to them that they could not remain a member any longer, or whether they dissasociated themselves because they never truly expected to be discovered, and picked that moment and reason to save face. It is inconceivable to me that an organization of this size and with such general competence in legal matters would be unaware that documents they had to sign each year had changed without it being pointed out to them by apostates.

If you choose to believe this and it sits well with you then hurry back to the hall. The fact that you have not yet done so, at least to me, indicates that you have not even convinced yourself of the argument you are putting forward.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

can you furnish us with evidence that confirms the UN's change of criteria and the exact date of the change? plus you've failed to answer The Listeners last post

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Well Kallam, the renewal documents DIDN't have to be signed each year for renewal up until the change in critera for

NGO status itself changed.

As for hurrying back to the Hall, I actually started going again 2 months ago after about 15 years or so.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Jookbeard, I feel I've answerd the fellow as much as I'm going to after a a bit of an insult from him.

Besides, as soon as people start with an Ad hominem stance, I tend to loose interest and ignore people. :)

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

unless of course they aoplogise, with even just a hint of sincerity.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Justlookingfornow,

They NEVER should have been involved in the first place. The requirements for being any type of NGO never changed. They got caught, panicked, and did some spin. It's that simple. If being a NGO with the UN was a mistake, why turn around and associate with the OSCE, a primary partner of the UN?! Please listen to the first 3 seconds of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/osce

Jesus said, " My Kingdom is no part of this world.."

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

as for providing evidence, why not write off to the UN itself, I'm pretty sure they'd be more than happy to assist you.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Folks have already done that (years ago) and posted information received confirming wt NGO membership. This is old news and well documented in this board's archives.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Datadog, if you read the link I posted you'll see that there are two types of NGO, DPI and eco/soc. Back in 1991 the criteria for

status was very different for the two types of NGO status.

The criteria for status as a dpi NGO changed quite some time after the jw's obtained status as an NGO in 1991.

I'd suggest that you write to teh UN itself to confirm this AND the dates of teh change in criteria.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Already been done. You're late and a pound short. There was no change. The wt got caught with their hand in the cookie jar and made a lame half assed excuse (total lie) to pull out. Typical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit