My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Hello Designs, yes I've thought about that one a fair old bit actually, my personal opinion is that it isn't the

"wisest" course of action to follow, but there is still a very great difference between sitting in on a conference, and these

conferences can be very diverse in nature, from climate to world food reserves, and that of sitting in on and taking part in

a multi/false religious conference.

That is actually a point I intend to raise with the C.O when he visits the hall in a couple of weeks.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" as for providing evidence, why not write off to the UN itself, I'm pretty sure they'd be more than happy to assist you. "

Why don't you?

Would Jesus or his disciples have associated themselves in any way with an Organization that they believed to be THE Satanic Wild Beast? Perhaps, just so they could get the inside scoop on what is going on? The fact remains that the Society is actively involved with the OSCE. The OSCE considers itself a primary partner of the UN. The Governing Body consider the UN to be the Satanic Wild Beast of Revelation! There should be no involvement with such an organization from the ONLY CHANNEL CHRIST IS USING.

WT 1951 2/15

In parallel, Jehovah's servants today always strive to be clean, upright and decent people, and are disgusted with the abominable things they see about them in Christendom. They place their confidence and hope in Jehovah's promised kingdom, for they see that the time when its rule will be extended to the earth is much nearer than it was in Abraham's day. So, instead of going along with this pleasure-mad, sexy old world, supporting its schemes and ideas, and working for and building up its tower of Babel, the confusing United Nations structure, these people of God keep themselves separate from the world as "strangers and pilgrims" living on a temporary basis like the Rechabites. Jonadab was one of such. (Heb. 11:13; Jer. 35:5-19) They therefore give this world's politics, commerce and organized religion no support.-Isa. 52:11; 2 Cor. 6:14-18; Jas. 4:4; Rev. 18:2-5.

Does being an NGO with any political organization or primary partner of said organization equate with being, " no part of the world?"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/250514/1/Christendoms-close-association-What-about

• designs
    designs

Asking your CO is a good step.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Datadog, I'm not a JW, and never have been, but am weighing up my options so to speak.

In my opinion, and this IS just my opinion which is all I can offer, obtaining recognition as a non governmental organisation to obtain access to

library and other facilities, where no support for the United nations has to be offered up is, in my opinion, completely different to obtaining

membership of the UN and providing your full support iof that organisation.

Furthermore in my opinion, it bears no resemblance to the spiritual fornication commited between the governments of the world and organised

religion throughout the centuries.

Just my two bobs worth.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Justlooking fornow: "Datadog, if you read the link I posted you'll see that there are two types of NGO, DPI and eco/soc. Back in 1991 the criteria for

status was very different for the two types of NGO status."

---

If you think this is a valid argument, try this:

Tell the Elders you've joined the YMCA. Explain that there are two types of membership: one to use only the swimming pool, and one to use the entire facility.

See if the Elders will dismiss your membership with a "false religious organization whose ideals are opposed to God's" as trivial because you joined under the 'less evil' of the two memberships.

Good luck!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" as for providing evidence, why not write off to the UN itself, I'm pretty sure they'd be more than happy to assist you. "

Sounds like you did... Why not provide some links or other information for the rest of us. After all, it can be quite time consuming. Or you could post your correspondence.

" my personal opinion is that it isn't the "wisest" course of action to follow"

Agreed. Neither a wise or faithful steward would do such a thing. Is it any wonder the majority of the rank&file know nothing about it?

" That is actually a point I intend to raise with the C.O when he visits the hall in a couple of weeks. "

Let us know how that goes.......

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

status was very different for the two types of NGO status."

No it wasn't. Support of the goals and ideals of the UN was a requirement for attaining either status.

Regardless, any argument the WT or its apologists make to excuse its hypocrisy is untenable in view of the following:

Organized To Accomplish Our Ministry (1983) p.151

Concerning those who renounce their Christian faith in his day, the apostle John wrote: "They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us" (1 John 2:19). Also, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of a secular organization the objective of which is contrary to the Bible and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God (compare Revelation 19:17-21; Isaiah 2:4). So if a person who is a Christian chooses to join those who are disapproved by God, it would be fitting for the congregation to acknowledge by a brief announcement that he has disassociated himself and is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Such a person would be viewed in the same way as a disfellowshipped person.

"As Jehovah's Witnesses they value their relationship to God and Christ above everything
    else. Were they to identify themselves as giving unquestioning support to any political
    arrangement.
    .. Any act on their part that would indicate otherwise, therefore, would be an act of disloyalty. Such an act would be taking away from God and Christ their rightful due and would be worship to the "wild beast." No matter how insignificant the act required may seem, a Christian's engaging in such worship would mean his being disloyal to God and Christ." Watchtower 1976 October 15 pp .632,636

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My advice would be to clearly understand the historic view of the UN by the WTBTS. Then ask yourself if it is fair to sign up as any type of NGO while simultaneously marking and/or DF'ng any member who disagrees with current ideas that are admittedly " un-inspired."

If you feel that behavior is Christ-like then what " weighing of options " could you possibly need to consider? Get Baptized at the next CA!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This letter is interesting : in 1991 they would have agreed to share the principles of the U.N Charter.

United Nations letter regarding the Watchtower Society

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

hello anddontcallmeshirley, with the ymca, you have to give your full support to them if you want to march around tapping tambourines, or

if you want to go for a swim and have a sly piddle in the shallow end. There aren't two types of affiliation.

There were two completely different criteria for eco/soc NGO's and DPI NGOs' in 1991, your saying "no there wasn't" doesn't and won't

change that truth in the slightest.

Write to the UN they confirmed it with me, no reason they won't do the same for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit