My chat with 2 Dubs yesterday about UN membership

by jookbeard 345 Replies latest jw experiences

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

mrsjones, it's not so much about confirming jw status as an NGO but rather the change in criteria for holding NGO status and the

year the criteria itself changed.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Never too late to put matters straight, and never a pound short.........maybe a pound light after a diet though.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

missjones..........."there was no change" what, in criteria?

There was, kind of ish...........changing from not being obliged to confirm in writing your support for the united nations organisation, to

the specific criteria of having to confirm your support is pretty much a big change as far as I'm concerned.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's never here nor there with me. I not really care but I was here when it came out in the guardian and several members of this board researched and wrote letters to the UN about the WT's NGO status. The UN comfirmed (copies of the reply letters with the UN letterhead were posted on this board) and the wt pulled out with its tail between its lying legs. Makes no difference to me if you choose not to believe it.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

yup, thought it probably wouldn't be here or there with you or that you'd give a tinkers cuss either way.

I double checked myself with the UN press office and they confirmed the change in criteria for status as a non governmental

organisation, which personally for me is fair enough, each to their own.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

but when was it and what exactly was the change in criteria?

• designs
    designs

The Wt. continues to send Representatives to UN sponsored NGO conferences in Geneva and elsewhere. The registry for these conferences is easy to research.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

Jookbeard, I'd suggest you do the same as me, write to the UN press office, ask them to confirm the year and change in

criteria for status as a Non governmental organisation with their department of press and information.

There are TWO types of NGO, back in 1991 the criteria for acceptance of NGO status was different depending the the

particular type of NGO status you were seeking.

Don't get it from me, anyone else here, or even the JW's, get confirmation from the UN itself, then you'll KNOW.

• justlookingfornow
    justlookingfornow

They may well send r epresentatives to UN sponsored NGO conferences in Geneva and elsewhere, but that certainly doesn't

mean that they support the United Nations, or have changed their belief that the UN is the political wild beast mentioned in the book of Revelation.

Hasn't stopped them from condeming the UN either for that matter..............

• designs
    designs

jlfn- Think about that. If the Wt. sent Representatives to Catholic or Protestant Conferences what message would it send when they are on record condemning JWs from involvement in like multi-religious conferences..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit