Who has experienced a REAL demonic incident?

by Monsieur 418 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I'm still keen to hear how one decides between demonic possession and mental illness.

• Johanna0426
    Johanna0426

Weren't some people recommending a psychiatrist? Well, here he is: the case was documented by Richard E. Gallagher, M.D., is a board-certified psychiatrist in private practice in Hawthorne, New York, and Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at New York Medical College. He is also on the faculties of the Columbia University Psychoanalytic Institute and a Roman Catholic seminary. He is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Princeton University, magna cum laude in Classics, and trained in Psychiatry at the Yale University School of Medicine. Dr. Gallagher is the only American psychiatrist to have been a consistent U.S. delegate to the International Association of Exorcists, and has addressed its plenary session.

• cofty
    cofty

Yes there are professionals who are prepared to believe almost anything. Would you like to do some research and see how long it takes to find a doctor or psychologist who believes in alien abduction or any one of dozens of ludicrous conspiracy theories?

Did you notice ... "Dr. Gallagher is the only American psychiatrist to have been a consistent U.S. delegate to the International Association of Exorcists."

If you can find evidence of the supernatural in a peer reviewed journal that would be interesting.

• Johanna0426
    Johanna0426

Well, apparently he wasn't the only professional present because according to his document:

An American woman who levitated, demonstrated paranormal psychic powers and spoke foreign languages unknown to her was clearly demon possessed, according to a board-certified psychiatrist and associate professor of clinical psychiatry at New York Medical College.

The unnamed woman, with a long history of involvement with Satanic groups, was observed by a team of priests, deacons, several lay assistants, psychiatrists, nuns, some of whom also had medical and psychiatric training, levitating six inches off the ground while objects flew off shelves in the same room, according to Dr. Richard E. Gallagher, who documented the case in the February issue of the New Oxford Review.

Thus, he wasn't the only witness nor the only psychiatrist or professional present.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Well that would seem to be quite a good way to detect the difference lol

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

As Cofty mentioned you need to try and avoid articles that are biased or have an agenda. The document is his OWN account. Does he name all the others involved and have they contributed to the article or is it all his own words? Have those others gone on record elsewhere to testify to the truthfullness of the account? Things like that need to be asked and answered properly before it can be taken seriously.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    I'm still keen to hear how one decides between demonic possession and mental illness.

Well to eliminate one cause (mental illness) the patient would be treated for common conditions using known methods like courses of antipsychotic drugs to treat schizophrenia and psychosis etc.

If it was due to mental illness (ie in the brain of the person) then the treatment would work to whatever level is deemed appropriate as the medications get to work on the brain.

If it was due to demon possession then the person would remain unaffected no matter how much meds were pumped in as the demon is in control. (Or are you now going to suggest that angels and demons are able to be controlled thru medication?)

In fact you could take this a stage further for real proof of demonic possession and fully anesthetize the subject. If they remain unchanged and are fully resistant to anesthetics then the demon is in control (or can demons be gassed too?).

Thats how you narrow down possible casues by eliminating one of them.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Your brother in law better just stick with conventional medicine, or risk loosing his credentials. He is a medical doctor and has to go by the rules and guidelines of his profession.

James, you said the medical profession cannot diagnose demons because they don't believe in them. Well, we have a doctor that does. How would he make that diagnosis? Don't avoid your own comment, don't duck and run.

The bible and psychology is word therapy vs medication. I don't believe all psychology or differentiate what degree is biblical. But it is word therapy. The bible is the Word and Jesus is the Word.

Specifically what would Bible-bases treatememt entail? Not just "talking and the Bible", but specifically, how would you treat schizophrenia using the Bible? Tell them about Legion? Pray? Roll pages into a scroll and make them eat it? Hit them in the head with it?

In the case of the inmate I was with. He watched vile things on tv. Things that were not hole-some or up-building. He listened to raunchy vile music. And his family life was deplorable.

If you watch vile deplorable tv shows and movies, think there is no God and life is meaningless.Your life will become meaningless.

So? I am a director at a technology firm, I listen ti Slayer, Black Sabbath, I watch American Horror Story, Breaking Bad, I'm divorced. According to you I should be in jail and getting Bible-based therapy, yet I do charity work, have two amazing kids, am buying a house.....

Perhaps the issue isn't a lack of Jesus, it's a lack of meaning and proper care. I don't need Jesus in my life for it to be meaningful.

Anyway, how the heck do you diagnose demons vs. schizophrenia?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

In fact you could take this a stage further for real proof of demonic possession and fully anesthetize the subject. If they remain unchanged and are fully resistant to anesthetics then the demon is in control (or can demons be gassed too?).

Good start but, medication not working doesn't automatically equal demon posession. It could mean other drugs present, a high resistance, a genetic anomoly, etc.. In fact, the issue, rather than demons, could just as likely be leprechauns mentally projecting control of his body for having stolen a piece of their gold that they had been saving to give the Lady Unicorn at the dance. That is literally just as likely as demons.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I know EP some people are quite resistant to certain anesthetics anyway LOL I was wording it according to their thinking and got carried away hence the word "proof" slipped in there.

Dont get me started on leprechauns..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit