Who has experienced a REAL demonic incident?

by Monsieur 418 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I'd like to point out that i know some scary shit happens and some things are difficult to explain, but to resist seeking rational explanations in favour of the supernatural is a very limiting behaviour. MOST things can be explained, some though are very puzzling and appear to defy explanation. WMF

still, I answered that I agree with this, things are difficult to explain, but they are natural - perhaps we don't totally understand the laws of physics completely yet - but no demunz

• designs
    designs

Thor's our guy at least for Norwegians

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

This is a thread about demunz and we have scared them away. Except the green dot one he was not a scaredy cat....

• designs
    designs

Cat's can see the supernatural

• Johanna0426
    Johanna0426

I went to psychologists for years and a psychiatrist. Then one day I woke up and found everything I needed to know in the Bible.

A few years prior to that I had read a book on Astral travel. I tried it once and, when I started to leave my body, I was forcefully shoved back down and didn't try it after that.

• Glander
    Glander

I'd like to point out that i know some scary shit happens and some things are difficult to explain, but to resist seeking rational explanations in favour of the supernatural is a very limiting behaviour. MOST things can be explained, some though are very puzzling and appear to defy explanation. WMF

still, I answered that I agree with this, things are difficult to explain, but they are natural - perhaps we don't totally understand the laws of physics completely yet - but no demunz

Xan - exactly! We don't know, so what? Doesn't mean we have to invent supernatural answers.

This was mans only way to explain everything 4000 years ago. Need a good crop of corn this season? Pick a beautiful young female and cut her heart out on an altar.

Same mental shortcircuit as demon believers.

• jws
    jws

I'm the kind that would like it if there were some new frontiers, things we haven't discovered yet. I'm skeptical as to the existence of bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster, but if evidence of either is found, I do think it'd be cool. And I do watch a lot of these investigative shows.

One thing is they say that after stories of flying saucers came out in (I forget) either comics or novels, all of a sudden, people were seeing them all over. There was an explosion in sightings. Likewise, after the infamous bigfoot film, bigfoot sightings exploded.

Many of them have been proved be hoaxes, but many other people seem like credible people. And I would think that not all of these people are making something up. They really do believe they saw something. Not to say they saw what they claim it to be, but their experience is genuine to them.

So, a rational mind would ask. If these things always existed, why is there an explosion in sightings after becoming part of pop culture?

And you could give answers that support these things being real or imagined. ie., in support of them being real, some people could say that people are on the lookout for such things now, whereas before, they may not have noticed or explained it away as something else (a plane instead of a UFO, a bear instead of a bigfoot).

Or, one could say that given the suggestion in their minds from pop culture, people will interpret things through that pre-disposed view.

For example, there were (and probably still are) all of these ghost hunter shows on cable. I'd watch them and they'd record EVP. They'd play it back and I'd hear noises, but couldn't understand it as language. Then somebody will say something like it says "go away" and all of a sudden, wow, holy crap, it said "go away" and now that's all you hear. Which of course, is the power of suggestion. Upon first listening, I couldn't understand a thing, but now all of a sudden, it's entirely understandable? I had the same reactions to backwards masking.

• jws
    jws

Demons and used items...

So, according to what we've been taught as JWs, beware of anything you buy second hand. It could be a vessel for demons.

Great! Not only can't they go to college and aspire to higher paying jobs, they can't even shop for bargains at rummage sales to make ends meet. I think every JW has heard a story about buying some item that turned out to be possessed. And it's usually something of a more mysterious nature anyway, right? Like an old chest or something very ornate or especially something hand-made.

According to JW teachings, demons are the sons of God. Same as angels, but they switched loyalties. They presumably are highly intelligent and have seen the wonders of the universe. Yet, for some reason, they are content to bind themselves to something as mundane as a coffee mug and sit in a cabinet most days?

And why is it only used items? A factory employs hundreds of people. The odds of finding somebody into the occult are much higher where goods are manufactured. So you could even have demons in things you buy off the shelf, like your toothpaste. What if an oil tanker captain was into spiritism? There could be demons in your gas tank giving you bad gas mileage.

I would think most of these stories are urban legend with no actual person to be found claiming it happened to them.

When I was young, I remember my adult JW sister telling me about somebody she knew who brought back a tiki doll from a trip. They started hearing noises like rattling dishes, etc. Then the doll attacked them. They wound up cooking it in the oven or something. Wow! Spooky! I took it as real.

A few years ago, "I am Legend" (aka Last Man on Earth, aka Omega Man) came out and I picked up a copy of Richard Matheson's original novel Legend that spawned the 3 movie versions. It was a fairly short story and so the publisher added some of his other stories. One of them was called "Prey". It was the exact story my sister described to me years ago. The same story has been made into a short film twice.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I have another story. I worked as a detention officer at the county jail. I cut an inmate down who hung himself

he survived. I spent the night in the hospital with him. He said he tried to kill himself so the demons would not

cause him to kill others.

The life he lived as he described it to me would make one a vessel for demons. He watched the worse television

shows and listened to the worse music.

I believe by the medicines he was given that he was being treated for schizophrenia.

They drugged him so up that he didn't even know his own name at the jail.

He was no good to himself or to any demons. He did the Thorazine shuffle.

They made him a zombie.

This is just an anecdotal story which is all I want to have. I would say the inmate was demon possessed

and the way America treats demons is the same way they treat schizophrenics. Drugs to the point of incapacitation

Cofty suggested I read up on Occams razor. Mrs. Brown posted information on Occams razor.

Having read up on schizophrenia and oscams razor, I am not sure that a diagnosis of scizophrenia vs demonism is the simplest

explanation. I and some others would think demon possesion is the simplest answer.

It's not the answer that the medical profession and science will support but demonism seems to be the simplest.

To come to explanation of schizoprhenia one has to go thruough 8 or more years of education and indoctrination.

to come up up with demon posession one only has to read a few verses in the bible.

So according to Occams razor the simlest answer is demon posession.

Or maybe from a scientific perspective Occams razor is not a good measure for this story.

• Glander
    Glander

This may make sense to some of you, if not call me crazy and continue to ignore me.

Man wants a reason for everything. The species has a hard time accepting random events, happenstance. All that occurs must be explained. On the good side, this is what has driven humans to startling discoveries. The resulting technologies are now changing the world at a startling pace.

But the "ancient" genes are not dormant. Their is still a great belief in things beyond explaination.

I think of a dog with four legs. The rear legs move the hind quarters. The front legs move the head. This sometimes result in the dog chasing his own tail.

Somehow, things balance out, humans are the most interesting species I have ever been involved with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit