Who has experienced a REAL demonic incident?

by Monsieur 418 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD
    People can be mistaken, even a group of people can be mistaken. Our brains are hardwired to see the human form and faces and sometimes we see them when there is nothing really there like what we think is there.

Exactly. That was the point of the anecdote that I told on this thread. I don't believe in the supernatural, but the lady who lived in the house obviously did. How do you counter belief in the supernatural in the absence of a good alternative explanation for something both parties witnessed? Even after all these years, I don't know....

• sinis
    sinis

Whatever. This is a tool thread...

• bohm
    bohm

Ucantnome: Just say "Jesus save me!" really loud the next time you meet an atheist and he will go away because its annoying!

• bohm
    bohm

Jack Danniels wouldnt happend to be one of those tools?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Thank you bohm you've been a big help

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Freshman psych class taught me that eyewitness testimony is among the most unreliable forms of evidence around. My psych teacher would get out of jury duty every time just by saying he's a psychologist whose research focuses on the unreliability of eyewitness testimony.

Just because you experience something doesn't mean you're qualified to interpret the experience.

That said, just because something happens in your head doesn't mean it isn't real.

But what does "real" mean? There is no evidence for actual invisible beings walking around our planet nor is there any testable hypothesis I know of for how such an invisible being could even be possible. (If there is, I think that would be cool to read about, so post a link. )

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I didn't think that it would bother my daughter. It's a long time in the past. She isn't a child.

yes maybe I was using her as an example of someone who knows the full story and the others that were involved. She knows me well that's why she discussed it with a university lecturer that she knows.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

What is the full story?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I'm only trying to bump up the number of views

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Hows that gonna help you sleep at night?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit