I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

"Hehe.....Looks like I've won again even though I'm dead. I told you apostate fools before, this is chess not checkers. Muah-ha-ha!"

Not really tryin to be funny or anything but that's the reality. Ironically, plenty of posters here on JWN stated Facebook would play a significant role counteracting the WT's policies. Who would have thought it would also benefit the WT. Gotta love it. Jehovah removed the wheels from AAWA's chariot, well not really, but you get the point.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Come on guys. Lets get this done, come back together, and be better.

Does anyone really grasp the concept of community? It has to give and take. it has to adjust. It has to be gracious. It has to be unselfish. It has to be strong and goal oriented. It does NOT have to be the same for everyone. It does NOT have to be something everyone gets the same thing out of. A proper community functions to enrich, and give an outlet to receive and give in tangible ways.

Like it or not, when you post and become known here, you are PART OF A COMMUNITY. It is online and secretive for obvious reasons, but it makes it no less of a community.

We have a large amount of lurkers. We have an easy way out of this. Cedars is valueable to this community. Simon is valueable to this community. The ideals of AAWA are valueable to this community. The civil discussion we can engage in is of value to the community.

What is NOT valuable, is unfettered emotion and pride making decisions for us.

Lets walk it back, do the right things for good reasons, and come back together.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Cedars has a sensitive nature. Nathan Natas got banned by Simon for making Cedars cry,'

Reading over this thread, i would take up moshes comment, and add that maybe cedars isn't sensitive, so much as he is a controller. Simon isn't easy to mess w, and my impression is that cedars took what he could from him and then dissapeared when he had reached maximum usage. People were starting to break out from his controling levers, so he opted out. Just my view, based on comparing this ongoing mess which centers around cedars w my experiences w other controllers.

As well, sorry to drag an old name out of the long forgotten past, nn had a history of smelling bad stuff before others did. Maybe, he scored another hit. Maybe, cedars had him taken out, because he was a threat.

S

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

This is awful. So sorry Sic Semper

Simon - I don't always agree with your decisions (not that my opinion matters), but you've made the right one here. Thank you. I just cannot believe the insensitive response Cedars keeps perpetuating.

It seems to me that paranoia is in full force. I suspect Cedars is asking Sic Semper to send details because he doesn't believe him. He has taken the stance that all posters on JWN are the enemy, and he may well be suspecting that people who come here and report that they've been outed by AAWA are making it up just to bring aawa down. Which is insane.

I've come to the conclusion that although AAWA states that their mission is twofold: to raise awareness of WT bad policies and to help exiting JWs, they really are only focused on the first goal. Their actions have shown that they are willing to justify any collateral damage to individuals for the sake of their "remarkable" goal of bringing down the WT. I just do not get why they refuse to fix the Facebook thing, so that's the only explanation I can come up with.

Volunteers are told that they must link to the AAWA facebook account, or create a fake account. I didn't realize until I read this thread that fake Facebook accounts are actually against the TOS. Another thing that is making me take another step back.

I believe some of the best and most effective forms of activism begin in grassroots. AAWA has discounted the grassroots and instead has set themselves up above all that. That they are labelling the ex-JW community here as enemies speaks volumes.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Simon,

I have a personal story about J Mason Emerson force-adding me to a different Ex-JW group in the past. Let me know if you would like me to share more about it and the problems it caused and his response.

zed

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Satanus, you might be right. What happened with Nathan Natus, and more recently with Slimboyfat was an eye opener. To be fair though, maybe he really is a sensitive soul, or maybe............. I don't even want to think it and damn sure dont want to throw that accusation out there, but..... wow. I don't agree with Moshe on much, and really dont like him but he's on point this time in my eyes.

• Satanus
    Satanus

He may be both sensitive AND controlling. A controller needs to be perseptive of others to maintain his position of control.

S

• Simon
    Simon

Please don't turn this into 'Simon vs Cedars' because it isn't and shouldn't be.

We just need to get this sorted out and people's family relationships not put at risk.

• Satanus
    Satanus

That isn't my intent. My interest is about peoples' wellbeing, of course. I have had a few aquaintences that were controllers. Some were jw. One, a jw, actually used to practice hypnotizing people before he became jw. Later on, i learned to spot them better. There is a book, the art of seduction, which goes into their tactics - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GNED4Q/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=1532201562&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1861976410&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=088DMK4ZRET3DKE2S6NB

S

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

It is really sad to see what is happening here. As an outsider, I think the idea and the cause of AWAA is nobel and effective to bring down the WTBS, and also to help the ex-JWs, JWs as well as the bring awareness to the public about the JW cult. On order to see something done successfully all need to be united, and not divided. And the CORE mission/policy/purpose of the movement must be observe carefully and devotedly.

The interest of your target group that you want to help (if that is your objective) should be the first priority. If AWAA wants to united "apostates" or even faders/mentally-out-physically-in JWs to form a strong force to fight the cult, then it should take the interest, welfare and opinion of the members seriously. One can always add a friend into a group without the person's consent or knowledge and this is so true. I myself had been added by friends into some political groups, even a secret group, without my consent and knowledge. Thus, in the case of AWAA, many will actually have to innocently suffer the consequences of being added into the group.

Probably if AWAA really needs to have a group in FB, they can name their FB group with a more subtle name, not the obvious ANTI-WT-AA. Just my 2 cents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit