I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• clarity
    clarity

well well well................

Hey all he$$ has broken out and still...

Armageddon hasn't come ..... oh wait

wrong thread!

sigh

clarity

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I have to say,that even tho I am sad that my dad died,he was the last thread to the "I have to give a shit about what te JW's think" that I had.I won my mom over,and the feeling of freedom is undescribable.Good luck,I hope you sort it out,but until you sever the ties,and everyone knows it?You will be vulnerable...

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Some notes that may be of interest, and the first relates to the OP:

1. A handful of AAWA members have raised issue with being added to the group automatically, with open posts discussing the action and how it can be remedied. Some of these members have chosen to leave the group. The majority however have dicided to stay.

2. Membership numbers have not changed. Some are leaving, others are requesting to join.

3. Reviewing the Facebook pages of current members it is clear that many have already been "activists" in exposing WT. Other members appear to be there for moral support and a sense of belonging to a tangible "cause"

4. When problems arise many members post their concerns. On some occassions, not all, administration has listened to those concerns and placated the members.

5. There is considerable discussion about the heated issues between JWN and AAWA. Many members appreciate both venues and are troubled by the division. JWN, as a whole, has strong supporters amongst members of AAWA.

6. AAWA is determined to remain focused on activism. There are many reminders to stay focused on that objective and to refrain from using the group as a public sounding board.

7. Confidentiality is also being stressed. As a result of that, and as has been discussed in this thread, a post was made regarding Besty. This action was not taken lightly by members and the post(s) have been removed.

8. Organization and volunteer submissions continue to move in a forward direction.

I support JWN and AAWA. I want to see them continue to grow, learn, come together if possible and be instrumental in helping ExJWs during and after their exiting process.

I have enjoyed Simon's perspectives and constructive criticism. However, after Cedar's exit, things got a little chippier with those scutinizing AAWA. And rightfully so, a key perspective packed his bag and left.

JWN is a community. Not everyone thinks the same about issues and not everyone even feels compelled to post on JWN. It is unfair to categorize the entire community one way or the other as being for or against AAWA.

In like manner, AAWA is a community and not everyone shares the same view on various issues. To categorize all of AAWA into a perspective based on one or two of its members is a diservice to the entire ExJW community.

Hopefully bridges can be built and this will not escalate and then reside into a popularity contest striving for the affections of ExJW community members.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

In like manner, AAWA is a community and not everyone shares the same view on various issues. To categorize all of AAWA into a perspective based on one or two of its members is a diservice to the entire ExJW community.

I agree. So why doesn't the President of this corp stand up and take the pressure like any President would. I remember one President who said, "The buck stops here"

• sir82
    sir82
    Confidentiality is also being stressed.

LOL!

That ship sank 3 minutes out of port.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think Amelia's answer was overlooked. Amelia, can u elaborate?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

A number of people have met Cedars. I haven't but I have met people who have.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Did I miss another Cruise? Dang Carnival

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

A number of people have met Cedars. I haven't but I have met people who have.

And all of them are dead quiet

• sir82
    sir82

Are they sure it was really Cedars?

Or was it someone saying they were Cedars?

<Cue Twilight Zone music>

I am Spartacus Cedars!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit