I have just been disinvited to my brother's wedding - Thanks AAWA!

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 423 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

So, does Nathan Natas get an invite back? It seemed that cedars' objection was the only obstacle getting and keeping him banned.

• trujw
    trujw

Simon I agree but you and cedar are at the forefront of this. One of you has to be the better man. I think cedars has done wonders for the cause. That said everything he has done in response to this controversie is realy making me question aawa. I don't like this at all and we are no longer in a cult as all of us were at one time. Cedar I love what you have done really your comments, thoughts, blog but when hundreds have a problem with how things have been handled cant you see there is something wrong.Please you two come back together. Think of all you have helped and let egos go. My opion which means nothing is the two of you can work miracles. This whole thing breaks my heart.

• venetian
    venetian

Simon

I always suspected your arrogance, now i am sure of it. You are a rude man.

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

Hmmmmm...the plot thickens. Ooh, naughty, naughty little hypocrites. Yay for information control and spin doctoring! Julia should be honest about who REALLY put people at risk. Not to mention, then she puts Besty's real name and picture out there on a PUBLIC Facebook page (AAWA Social Group) to deflect from the role she and the others (all out and open apostates who chose to associate their names with AAWA) played in this huge fiasco.

They REEEEEEEALLY need to lose this whacko. She's a loose canon and a liability.

Richard Kelly is being incredibly disingenuous here, as well. I'm disappointed; I had thought better of him but not any more. For shame. They are absolutely unconscionable.

• okage
    okage

@venetian: Never has a guy with "the button" been as hesitant to push it as Simon has. But you know, it's enjoyable when he finally does, because four warnings is five more than I'd give.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

So....

When JWN asked the AAWA for the names of those who were force-adding people to the AAWA group so they could be de-friended on Facebook, Cedars and the AAWA refused to provide the names (including the name of this person). Names that are already public in a public Facebook group anyway, and names that hundreds of people who were added to the group knew (it was just a matter of time).

When those names came to light anyway (I'd hinted at them previously). Then suddenly the AAWA has NO PROBLEM singling out Betsy for some reason and exposing his private information on a public forum. For the sake of being a professional organization, no-doubt. Suddenly Betsy is evil and needs to be shunned, while one of the people who exposed others pretends to be the victim.

"We will expose your private identity, but don't you dare expose us or we'll expose more of you!"

Add "Total Hypocracy" to the that list of "good deeds" the AAWA has done.

- Lime

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

"If Besty is on your friends list, please consider this serious warning"

aka

"Shun Besty, everybody on Facebook! SHUN HIM!!!"

...Reminds me of a certain group. Oh, who was that again? The name is on the tip of my tongue.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Directing attention to Besty's profile picture here could be compromizing his identity. Much of his profile picture is still visible.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Besty didn't put anyone at risk. Those who added people to the AAWA page without their consent are the ones who put people at risk, and Cedars for not responding by taking the page down. What kind of back-to-front, tipsy-turvy world are they living in over at AAWA central? Out of their tiny minds.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

It's unbelievable what this "Julia Barrick Douglas" just did to "Besty" by exposing his real name and photo to a public audience.

Shame on you, Julia. Shame on you.

You're a terrible liability to the group you so ardently wish to contribute. Again, shame on you.

What a royal mess.

Also, a word to everyone: The ends don't justify the means. No matter what your personal issues with others are, DO NOT compromise ANYONE'S personal privacy by publicly revealing their names, photos, addresses, phone numbers or email addresses. Never, ever, not even for a minute. For the love of God, THINK before you act.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit