“New light” Watchtower magazine leaked from organization weeks ahead of general release

by cedars 211 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It means they can distance themselves from his looney writings, and his "postumous" No7 in Studies in the Scriptures, loonier than Russellls real stuff.

They have saddled themselves with 1914, but no longer have to stick with 607BCE and the 2520 years nonsense if they eventually want to drop that, 1914 can "evidently" be the year of Jesus' accession without the numerology that is so easily disproved.

Except that still leaves them with no possible reason for Jesus to approve them in any way in 1919. They were teaching all of Russells stuff in that year.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I think what we are witnessing is the result of 130+ years of lying.

The explanations are just going to get weirder and more convoluted.

• jhine
    jhine

thank you Cedars , I am fairly new to the site , but I know that many on the site have tremendous respect for you and having read many of your articles I can see why .

• Splash
    Splash

-- g70 4/22 p. 8 Changes That Disturb People

"Yes, millions of persons have been shocked to learn that things they were taught as being vital for salvation are now considered by their church to be wrong. Have you, too, felt discouragement, or even despair, because of what is happening in your church? A businessman in Colombia, expressed the effect the changes have had on many.“Tell me,” he asked, “how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible, in God, or have faith? Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe ‘new things.’ How do I know the 'new things' will be the truth in five years?”

-- w75 6/1 p. 324 Millions Have Left the Churches—Should You?

"The reasons that people give for abandoning the churches are many and varied. More often, however, the reason involves changes in Roman Catholic teaching in recent years. These have confused many persons who thought that they had the true apostolic religion. As one Catholic priest in the United States put it: "If the things the Church has said in the last ten years are true, then everything it said for the last 2,000 years is false."

Splash

• Splash
    Splash

Another thought. A question actually, as I don't know if this is right:

According to current teaching, does this mean that the separating of the wheat and weeds began in 1914, but the separating of the sheep and goats is still future?

Splash

• cedars
    cedars

Hi Splash

According to current teaching, does this mean that the separating of the wheat and weeds began in 1914, but the separating of the sheep and goats is still future?

Yes, that's the new understanding.

Cedars

• nugget
    nugget

It is getting so hard for the rank and file to keep up. I think the majority of witnesses won't study the material and will be napping through the watchtower and will fail to see the significance. The articles themselves have no logical progression or sound argument which means there is little for witnesses to grasp. I think this is deliberate since it will be easier to blame the congregations for failing to fully understand the point and the old wait on Jehovah for clarity is the natural fall back position. So they launch a new thought but fail to explain it.

However suggesting that because it took 12 to feed the 5,000 then it must take less than 10 to feed 8 million is ludicrous. According to the scriptural based calculations they should have a faithful slave of 19,000 approximately.

• cedars
    cedars

nugget

I think the majority of witnesses won't study the material and will be napping through the watchtower and will fail to see the significance.

I couldn't agree more. That's the truly tragic thing in all of this. Mrs Cedars and I were just thinking back to when we last studied the Revelation book, which was while the group study arrangement was still in place. The fact that maybe only two or three people in the group of 20 had the remotest grasp of what the book was on about was almost a standing joke week after week. I expect there will be a similar embracing of ignorance when these articles are studied. However, if only a handful worldwide find this nonsense to be the last straw, then at least some good will come from it.

Cedars

• MissMyHarley
    MissMyHarley

Cedar

Thanks for the great article and info. The very question you are answering is the one my wife and I became stuck on last year after the annual meeting. We asked 2 elders to explain this "new line of old thinking" and they both failed miserably. So we began searching ourselves and found more information on the internet than we ever found from the society. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

MMH, that is good to know ! if the WT presentation of their own doctrine is so foggy, it may well be that many, like you, will seek info on the Internet, and just a few clicks of the mouse and they have found Cedars excellent article, will read his previous stuff, and then JWFacts.com perhaps. I do hope so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit