“New light” Watchtower magazine leaked from organization weeks ahead of general release

by cedars 211 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Quiet One
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks Cedars , the light gets brighter and brighter with each of your posts

smiddy

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

The Watchtower always seems to have a hidden agenda. They are calculated and the things they say today provide a foundation to build on in the future.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

So many words written by the WT...a mountain of them, into the millions...swept away by a new study magazine.

Soon it will be to be dropped in the trough and lapped up by the eager Dubbs who will embrace it with the too-familiar

"We always KNEW this was what it was!" reaction...

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Can anyone clarify what this change means, though, in a literal sense? It seems to me that they're basically saying ''Russell wasn't inspired by God, (hence we can ignore the nutty things he said) , but his role was similar to John" (who WAS inspired by God, last time i checked)... Also, what is the difference in reality between them being appointed as Gods channel in 1919 AND over Christ's domestics, to the 'new light' where they were still appointed as Gods channel in 1919? And does this mean that the apostles and the ''first century governing body'' were not appointed to feed anybody?? I'm completely lost.. Good article, Cedars, as was the one about racism in old Watchtowers.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It should be realized though that all these self proclamations by the WTS. has two advantages, one being it creates a semblance of

power and prominence within the organization and secondly it creates a value of viability to the readers of the WTS. published goods.

This started up by the originators of this publishing house notably C T Russell and J Rutherford.

Inspiring Charlatans they were, as well great entrepreneur salesmen.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Cedars, Thanks for another great article! And a big "THANK YOU" to your source.

I found a couple places where the wording needs some correction.

"The tumultuous period in the organization’s history between 1914 and 1919 thus becomes the focus of doctrine perhaps more than perhaps ever before." [either or both perhapses can be dropped]

"To those who are evenly remotely familiar with organizational events between 1914 and 1919," [delete -ly from even]

It will be interesting to actually read these articles. It sounds much more like a power-grab than an ordinary revision of JW nulite. The gaps in logic are glaringly avoided, even after they've taken months to massage their message since the Annual Meeting last year. Obviously, they must still be avoiding Luke's account in favor of Matthew's. In Luke, it's impossible to ignore the "evil slave". Instead, WT uses this?

"His words here are actually a warning directed to the faithful and discreet slave."

Clearly, this is a warning that the GB is ignoring as they beat the sheeples into silent submission to their papal authority.

And the GB is incapable of addressing the fact that Jesus spoke this as a parable and NOT a prophecy. When considered in context, this is clearly intended as one of several illustrations for individual self-examination and not a prophecy authorizing some old men in Brooklyn to become mediators between Christ and his followers. And it reads like Jesus is giving all authority to the GB after armageddon--WTH? Jesus has become a lame duck king, kicked aside by some dudes in Brooklyn? From everything I learned about the members of GB 2.0 while I was in bethel, I wouldn't buy a used car from any of them. And I'm supposed to treat them like "god's channel"? What a load of BS!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I must be particularly dense, because I just can't get my head around all of this. I start getting soooooo confused.

Is there a way to explain this "for dummies"...? I appreciate your article, Cedars, and the chart (very helpful, but still confusing as heck to me!) I also appreciate all the comments here, because it does help explain (or muddy the waters more, lol) but my brain seems to have difficulty processing this "new light". I know some of you will say, "You can't understand it because it doesn't make any sense!" but it must make sense to *someone* (especially the GB dudes)... so how the heck/what the heck... how in the world does it all compute...?

I'll start by sharing the understanding I presently have (about the "old light)...

- that there has always been a FDS class since 33 CE, but they were unknown to most people, we just had to trust that they were there through all the centures (Tyndale, etc.)
    - that Jesus took Kingdom power in 1914 (whatever the heck that means now) and his first act was tossing Satan out of heaven, leading to WW1

- that Jesus approved the IBS being the only true religion, yet they needed a cleansing period (when all the heavy dudes, Rutherford, et all, were tossed into prison for four years) because they still taught false doctrines (which weren't even changed till decades later, and which continue to undergo "refinement"!) Uh huh. Riiiight. This was said to be cleansing the temple or whatever.

Gah, even the "old teaching" makes my brain hurt. Just so much weirdness and date-setting and bunch of bunk!!! Bah!!! *grrrrr!!* I really do NOT like going into that JW headspace to try to figure out what the heck they're saying now.

But really, is there a dummie version of the new light and its significance....? I appreciate anyone trying their best to explain these non-sensical things.
    Try to imagine that you're talking to a child, lol.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks for flagging those things Billy. Changes have been made as the "light gets brighter" on my article!

I agree that the gaps in logic are astonishing. Hopefully you won't have too long to wait before you can dissect the article for yourself, but I've tried to cover all the really pertinent stuff. If something isn't explained in the article, chances are it isn't explained in the magazine.

Cedars

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Muddy Waters -

- that there has always been a FDS class since 33 CE, but they were unknown to most people, we just had to trust that they were there through all the centures (Tyndale, etc.)

Not any more. FDS doesn't come into existence until 1919 with the new teaching.

- that Jesus took Kingdom power in 1914 (whatever the heck that means now) and his first act was tossing Satan out of heaven, leading to WW1

Still taught.

- that Jesus approved the IBS being the only true religion, yet they needed a cleansing period (when all the heavy dudes, Rutherford, et all, were tossed into prison for four years) because they still taught false doctrines (which weren't even changed till decades later, and which continue to undergo "refinement"!) Uh huh. Riiiight. This was said to be cleansing the temple or whatever.

New twist. He didn't inspect in 1918/1919. He simply appointed. His inspection is future. I cannot emphasize this enough. This is huge. Because his inspection is future, the GB are effectively saying they are not yet approved to be appointed over all his belongings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit