“New light” Watchtower magazine leaked from organization weeks ahead of general release

by cedars 211 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

*Splash* Re: “New light” Watchtower magazine leaked from organization weeks ahead of general release posted ~ 2 hours ago (3/28/2013) Post 578 of 581 "The UN has been very supportiveof WT when it comes to upholding their right to worship, preach and other things." -- Couldn't agree more. Here's a recent example from their own site.. http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/europe/turkey/respect-conscientious-objection/

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"Mrs Cedars and I were just thinking back to when we last studied the Revelation book"

Didn't we study that book at least seven times?

And with one Study Edition of the Watchtower, you can throw that book away. . .

• Terry
    Terry

IF (and I'm just wildly speculating) for some reason the leaked document was being deliberately offered as bait for apostates to tear to shreds

all the flaws in the article could be adjusted BEFORE the actual date of distribution and, in effect, edited ahead of time thanks to opposer efforts. But, that is just paranoia in my head.

The jackals in catbird seat aren't that strategic or wiley, surely.

In the intelligence agencies if a mole is suspected there are ways to flush them out.

A juicy document is prepared. Each suspected target is given a slightly different version.

Then, the result is monitored. Any leaking will contain the telltale version which identifies the mole.

I'm wondering what the Society gains by changing the GB through shrinkage. Seems like they should want to spread the blame

rather than focus it laser-like upon a tiny cabal :)

• Room 215
    Room 215

Ah, Food at the "Proper Time" .... April Fool's Day!

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"I'm wondering what the Society gains by changing the GB through shrinkage." -- It seems about the same to me. They claimed to be the spokesmen for the Faithful Slave Class anyway, and everyone knows that they don't exactly contact random 'anointed ones' to ask what they think.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Great thread Cedars! Thank you.

CoC

• suavojr
    suavojr

Cedars you and your source have done a great job! I cannot stay quiet anymore and I will be sitting with my wife and make her think for herself. I know this can backfire but I cannot sit quietly as these counterfeit Christians torture my families brain cells!!!! It ludicrous to think I've been raised in this organization and everything I understood is now obsolete.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Or, just a thought.... By discrediting Russell and the past information, then it seems they can easily re-write their own history now and simply say "Well they were only a forerunner of the F&DS so what they printed wasn't accurate [old-light] , thus, they can DISARM all the 'apostates' since we LOVE to use their whackadoodle history against them.

They just may be trying to take the wind out of our sails.

The battle is on!

• pixel
    pixel

So, they are saying that because the apostles helped Jesus feed a multitude, the FDS/GB/WT gets to feed the Witnesess nowdays? So, are we going to starts drawing a paralel to every freaking miracle that Jesus did? Oh my!

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks everyone!

It might be worth mentioning that I've made an adjustment to the account of the four directors. Rud Persson has been in touch again and informed me that rather than being kicked out there was more of a "negotiated withdrawal." The account of attendants being posted to the doors to stop people re-entering applied to the ejection of a different Rutherford dissident - Paul Johnson, who wasn't a director. Johnson left the building to run some errands and returned to find the doors locked and his belongings out on the street.

I've modified the article accordingly and included the actual quote from the 1917 book "Light After Darkness" describing the circumstances of the directors' ejection in more detail. As I say in the article, I can't wait for Persson's book to come out and explain everything, because "Light After Darkness" is a little topsy-turvy to read in that it doesn't describe everything in chronological order but keeps going backwards and forwards.

Terry...

all the flaws in the article could be adjusted BEFORE the actual date of distribution and, in effect, edited ahead of time thanks to opposer efforts. But, that is just paranoia in my head.

I really don't think they're that clever or sophisticated.

Don't get me wrong, I was similarly guarded about six to twelve months ago, but the more I learn about how slowly the Society responds to things the more I am led to believe that we give them too much credit sometimes when it comes to responding to information such as my article. Sure, they took JWsurvey.org offline for publishing the October 1st BOE letter, but that was only after it had been up and online for nearly three months.

This suggests to me that they aren't actively monitoring the internet for apostate activity, but respond to perhaps the occasional phone call to bethel from a concerned publisher who stumbles on the information and wants to know if it's legit. I could be wrong, and how they respond (or don't respond) to this latest leak will be a good litmus test. I'm guessing they won't find out about it until the magazine has been released, by which time there won't be much point taking any action. Also, they know that any action they do take I will shout about from the rooftops.

We shall see!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit