“New light” Watchtower magazine leaked from organization weeks ahead of general release

by cedars 211 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• suavojr
    suavojr

Let's review: So everyone that was disfellowshipped for disagreeing with the FDS did not really disagree with the FDS. But now since you don't agree with the current FDS you will stay disfellowshipped. Yet, the JW might find out 100 years from now that the current FDS was still not the real FDS.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Thank you Cedars! I've been looking forward to your synopsis...and it was worth the wait. The person who forwarded this article took a huge risk. I'm sure the private questioning sessions (Ray Franz style) have begun at "headquarters."

I agree that most publishers will accept this new understanding without question. Many are "born in" second and third generation JW's who have no historical perspective of their religion. Some will question this "idea" privately to themselves. Some will find a new reason to be anxious and unnerved.

During our recent circuit assembly, the District Overseer stated in his concluding talk that we don't know the day or the hour when the Great Trib will begin. It could be "tomorrow or next week. It may not be this year or in this decade or even in this century." You would think a statement like that would send shockwaves through the auditorium.... nope.

• wasblind
    wasblind

double post

• wasblind
    wasblind

Let's review: So everyone that was disfellowshipped for disagreeing with the FDS did not really disagree with the FDS. But now since you don't agree with the current FDS you will stay disfellowshipped. Yet, the JW might find out 100 years from now that the current FDS was still not the real FDS.

Yep

• The Song Remains The Same
    The Song Remains The Same

Similar to jhine above, I am also pretty new here but have found everyone exceptionally informed and really helpful. Never having been a JW so without much of the background, I've start my own threads, and been encouraged by the responses - especially when the mega-gurus (like Cedars and JWFacts, plus others who contribute so much) have something to say on my topics!

This article, to me, is a major coup. The possibility to get hold of the publication early, and then to dissect it in such a comprehensive way, is a real testiment to the dedication that you all have in exposing this organisation for what it really is - a tax-avoiding, pyramid-scheme based publishing company. I managed to get my want-to-be-JW wife to read it, and she is a bit troubled by the exposé. So great job!!!

So I'd thought I'd just say 'thanks to all' and please keep up this inspiring work.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

On the attack from UN, Cedars, and its apparent incapability of doing anything these days, unless it is tricked into doing it by the US (as was shown in Libya), it is pretty much covered by the WT teaching that it is God who is making the UN carry out the attack. UN and man is not doing it by itself, but is doing God's will in this respect. If that factor is not brought in, I think we would have to wait for ....... quite some time ......... to see religion attacked by UN or any one of the present states for that matter.

• Terry
    Terry

I tried posting on the webpage and my comment was rejected and identified as "spammer".

Gee whiz.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Why can it be said with certainty that Christ’s original apostles were not at least part of the faithful and discreet slave?

Because, just like “offspring of vipers”, the second generation of the anointed “faithful and discreet slave” Governing Body with their overriding veto powers belittle what their “spiritual fathers“ once taught them.

During the annual meeting held on October 1, 1971, one of the speakers pointed out that the governing body of “the faithful and discreet slave” preceded the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania by hundreds of years. (Matthew 24:45-47) A governing body was formed at Pentecost of 33 C.E., more than 18 centuries before the Pennsylvania corporation came into existence. At first, the governing body consisted of, not 7 men, but 12 apostles. Evidently, its number was enlarged later, for “the apostles and older men in Jerusalem” were taking the lead. — Acts 15:2.

(2001 The Watchtower, January 15, page 29).

By God, Holy Spirit is not of ambiguous nature and with certainty would take less than a century to reach the faithful.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Same here, Terry. I also tried posting on the webpage and my comment was rejected and identified as "spammer".

Gee whiz.

Instead, I put up the comment above.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I got the funny feeling that this nulite is just too blinding for the rank and file. I see 2013&2014 as heading in a downward spiral for the Corporation who's foundation is built on wishful thinking, and delusions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit