New Pope about to come out

by new22day 303 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

The Cardinal of South Africa,Wilfred Napier, made this comment- 'From my experience pedophilia is actually an illness. It is not a criminal condition, it's an illness'.

Cardinal Napier voted for the new Pope, Francis I.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Where's Judge Joe Rutherford when we need him? He'd be positively amused to know that a few of his former disciples have taken to pointlessly bashing Babylon The Great's embodiment on Earth, the Pope.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm lost on this point. I think you and FHN are saying that homosexual thoughts are not a sin but homosexual acts are a sin. If that's the point then sorry, but I think it's weak.

I was quoting Catholic.com Catholic answers.

Sulla, I follow your last comment to a point. If two hetero people have premarital sex then the sex is sinful. If gay people have sex then it is sinful. But the comparison stops there. Heteros can get married. In Argentina, gay people can get married. But the RCC teaches that after marriage, hetero sexual people are not sinning when they engage in sex. But gay people are sinning when they marry and engage in sex. So, homosexual sex is always a sin according to RCC official doctrine.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Put differently, I may really want to have sex with the tasty interns we hire around my workplace, yet the Church tells me such an act would be sinful. That doesn't mean the Church hates me. ..Sula

Wow...interesting to see how you make it all work for you.

Let me make this clear for YOU. Homosexual acts are NOT a sin...or sinful. The fact that you readily admit that your church tells you that it is sinful, and you are OK with it makes me very sad for you.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Where's Judge Joe Rutherford when we need him? He'd be positively amused to know that a few of his former disciples have taken to pointlessly bashing Babylon The Great's embodiment on Earth, the Pope.

There are plenty of threads bashing Rutherford already...I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing the honour with others of his ilk.

• still thinking
    still thinking

between the opinion of some writer at Time magazine (whatever that is -- I seem to recall some people used to read it back in the day)

LOL...I like the way you have tried to dismiss the article based on the fact that it is a magazine that has been around for a long time....LOL

Couldn't you come up with anything more logical to dispute the points raised IN the article?

Like...how do you personally come to terms with the number of women who die needlessly every year as a direct result of catholic teachings about contraception and abortion?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The RCC has some antiquated views. A lot of RC's don't go by them, that's for sure.

• cantleave
  • designs
    designs

Pointlessly bashing the Pope- no there's a point to it.

• mP
    mP

cant:

MOther teresa wasnt the saint yo might think she was.. she did some strange things, believing that suffering was good etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit