New Pope about to come out

by new22day 303 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still thinking
    still thinking

It may surprise you to reflect on the number of things we are evolved to do on which the Church takes a dim view.

Why should I care what the Church takes a dim view on?...EP

I agree...I wouldn't be surprised...nor would I care what the catholic church takes a dim view on.

Unless the church tries to inflict their veiws on society, by getting involved in government, and changing laws prohibiting peoples human rights based on their beliefs. ie. that gays can't marry.

• designs
    designs

You mean like they and the LDS did with Prop 8 here in California.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah....nice guy!

• cofty
    cofty

The new pope actually believes in a literal devil?

How very medieval of him.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Didn't you believe in a literal devil only just over 10 years ago cofty? How medieval of you, one might be tempted to say.

• designs
    designs

The great unification scam has begun. It was a wish of emeritus Pope Benedict that the Orthodox and Protestants would all come back to #1. Bartholomew I, spiritual leader of the Eastern Orthodox, will be attending the installation Mass of Francis I. Catholics and the Orthodox have been apart for 1000 years over who is #1 and the issue of were the holy spirit proceeds from. Can Christians stand multiple Popes, will the Protestants put up with it

It will be interesting to see who shows up at the Mass. Our VP Joe Biden will be there, he of course is a very devout Catholic, remember him lecturing Paul Ryan in Latin in their debate.

Who will the real #1 Pope be.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Why should I care what the Church takes a dim view on?

Apparently, people here care a great deal about it, EP. That the Church takes a dim view of gay marriage, for example, seems to be something of keen interest. Perhaps you missed that subtlety on this thread.

Seriously, its like arguing with children, here.

Marriage is a legal contract between two adults. NO religion has no right to stick their beaks in and dictate who can and can't make that contract. It is none of their business.

Just two adults, stillthinking? How provincial of you. Perhaps you know nothing of the cultures that engage in polyamory or the ancient practices of the Spartans or current practices of the Pashtun. Stop being such a narrow-minded bigot.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Apparently, people here care a great deal about it, EP. That the Church takes a dim view of gay marriage, for example, seems to be something of keen interest. Perhaps you missed that subtlety on this thread.

You missed the questions. Read it again, slower this time, and try to understand it before you rush to an answer.

Seriously, its like arguing with children, here.

Agreed. Like when people rush to answer a question before they understand it, like you did, for example.

In any event, you never answered the question I asked prior to that one.

• Tater-T
  • talesin
    talesin

lol, Sulla, you truly are a master baiter.

Not interested in your games, though. Endless verbal jousting has never appealed to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit