New Pope about to come out

by new22day 303 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sulla
    Sulla

Let me make this clear for YOU. Homosexual acts are NOT a sin...or sinful. The fact that you readily admit that your church tells you that it is sinful, and you are OK with it makes me very sad for you.

You're just being argumentative. Anything where you suggest you are an independent thinker is quite a joke, really. But have at it.

If two hetero people have premarital sex then the sex is sinful. If gay people have sex then it is sinful. But the comparison stops there. Heteros can get married.

In Argentina, gay people can get married. But the RCC teaches that after marriage, hetero sexual people are not sinning when they engage in sex. But gay people are sinning when they marry and engage in sex. So, homosexual sex is always a sin according to RCC official doctrine.

Actually, the comparison doesn't end there. I happen to be married already, so my orientation toward tasty strange cannot ever be fulfilled without engaging in a sinful act. Even if I weren't married, if I married one of the interns, that would foreclose shagging all the others who parade through my workplace. Since my orientation is toward a sequence of young women, and I can't marry all of them, well, you can see the problem.

The problem is that you think monogamous, hetero sex is some sort of fix for the problem. But such a thing is completely unnatural, men have evolved quite differently and have a natural inclination toward a series of young women.

So, would you be prepared to say that the Church, insisting that my natural preference is sinful, is anti-hetero? Why?

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"Since my orientation is toward a sequence of young women, and I can't marry all of them, well, you can see the problem.

The problem is that you think monogamous, hetero sex is some sort of fix for the problem. But such a thing is completely unnatural, men have evolved quite differently and have a natural inclination toward a series of young women.

So, would you be prepared to say that the Church, insisting that my natural preference is sinful, is anti-hetero? Why?"

It's just bigot, anti-gay aswell as anti-hetero.

If you have this insight on human sexuality and it's evolutionary background, why on earh are you defending the churchs wiew of homosexuality?

• designs
    designs

'Preserving our precious bodily fluids' General Jack D. Ripper, Dr. Strangelove the movie

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Do you need the pope for that purpose??

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So, the Church says homosexual acts are sinful in exactly the same way that acts between anyone else who is not married are sinful. But we don't suppose that the church is anti-hetero because of this. Neither is it accurate to say that the Church is anti-gay.

So two dudes boning each other is A-OK with the RCC as long as the two dudes are married to each other? I ask because that's the only way in which considering gay and hetero sex sins in the same way which is currently NOT the RCC's position. Are aware of the new pope getting some new light which hasn't gone public yet?

• new22day
    new22day

However, the attraction to the same sex is not a sin for, any more than an attraction to people to whom you are not married is a sin. So, the Church says homosexual acts are sinful in exactly the same way that acts between anyone else who is not married are sinful. But we don't suppose that the church is anti-hetero because of this. Neither is it accurate to say that the Church is anti-gay.

Sulla: No offense to you, but your arguement isn't logical. The RCC says homosexuality is sin. The church also says adultery is a sin. Two different sins.

Ironically, because the RCC says homosexuality is a sin gays can't marry so therefore don't have the luxury of committing adultery. (LOL)

Following your train of thought, one could say, murder is a sin but thinking about murder is not a sin. Stealing is a sin but thinking about stealing isn't a sin. Church doesn't approve of murderers or thieves either. I think you're stretching.

• new22day
    new22day

Unless of course you're an advocate for repressing natural desires. If that's the case, then I kind of get your point. Just repress yourself and then you're good with the church. And now we can move on to the sexual abuse problems in the RCC. This is a great example of how well man repressing his natural sexual desires works.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sulla, your brain is tied in knots. I'll leave up to the reader to interpret which one.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Also, Sulla, I feel bad for your wife.

• still thinking
    still thinking

You're just being argumentative. Anything where you suggest you are an independent thinker is quite a joke, really. But have at it...Sulla

So...I guess you don't want to address any of the issues...you just want to continue to try an hurl insults at me. OK. If thats your buzz...enjoy yourself...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit