What is your religious belief now?

by jwfacts 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kjg132
    kjg132

Christian....no denomination

• life is to short
    life is to short

Agnostic, its funny because even as a small child of four and fives years of age and going to all the meetings, when I first heard what an agnostic was at that age it made perfect sense to me and I thought to myself that is what I feel also.

God never seemed to care, and there was always so much pain in my life no matter how hard I prayed or tried to do good God never cared.

LITS

• flipper
    flipper

I'm basically an agnostic. I'm open to the theory that God may exist, but I'm also open to the theory that he doesn't. As much as people make such a big deal about whether a " God " exists or not - it really doesn't matter much to me. I do not believe in any organized religion. I feel it's been the bane of mankind and caused so much division and class warfare among people that it's ridiculous. One person feels he's better than the other due to his alleged " religious " beliefs ? What gives anybody the right to say his or her ' religion " is the answer for everyone or that it makes them a " better " person ? I don't buy into that.

I'm actually more of a secular humanist and with my Native American roots I believe true spirituality comes from appreciating and working in harmony with the planet, our earth, and being in synchronicity with the trees, meadows, rivers, lakes, and animals and realizing we are all connected as one family on the globe and to respect all of that . Over the centuries, governments, religions, and warfare has destroyed this planet of it's natural resources , as well as destroying and controlling humans minds and killing animals horrifically and will continue to do so until we all wake up personally and do what WE can in our own little geographical area to effect a positive change with not polluting, economizing, using solar and wind power and allowing people and animals space to live so we are not all living like mice or rats in a maze climbing on top of one another.

I follow the motto to take care of my friends, family, associates, and loved ones and treat others I meet with respect and dignity. I don't need any religion to tell me to do that- I know it's right because it's the ethical, humane, and moral thing to do. I don't believe in controlling others as I don't allow anybody to control me. We see what pushing " religion " into people's lives did to the Native Americans when the Europeans came over to America and spread their web across the American continent. It destroyed Native culture , killed and raped women and children , and essentially forever stole their land imprisoning Indians on reservations decided by whom ? U.S. government agents , namely, landowners, congress, and mediated by religious clergyman's intervention to succeed in the taking over of all Indian land by illegal means.

So yes, I'm a deeply spiritual person, but not religious in any sense of the word as described by most peoples interpretations. And I'm very happy being so

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe joke-hova is wicked, and tried to enslave mankind. The LIE-ble is designed to enslave mankind. Satan is our Savior, going to great lengths to free us from joke-hova. Yet, joke-hova would not settle for that--and intends to use conquest when trickery didn't work. Satan was in the right in Eden, as we would be better off learning to develop our own spirituality instead of relying on Jesus or joke-hova.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Spiritual but not religious

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am a high church progressive Anglican. The churches where I worshipped, however, had sermons from all denominations and religions, including Shinto. We had regular rock concerts in the church.

The above does not mean that I believe Christ is the only path. I am well aware that I am Christian b/c of historical tradition.

Being exposed to higher criticism left me knowing in my bones that the Witnesses are wrong. I did not want to throw Jesus out with the refuse.

The religion is consistent with my temperament.

I am a sucker for Roman Catholic worship with modern Protestant theology.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Christian - Not associated with a denomination. Surprise!

fantastic poll. I was surprised by some of the answers so far. I hope everyone participates!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Atheist.

But according to my wife, the most spiritual person she knows!

• Nika Bee
    Nika Bee

Agnostic - and not only concerning theology

• sabastious
    sabastious

IMO, Monotheism encompasses all of these:

Christian - associated with a denomination - there is One God who died on the cross for the sins of mankind
    Christian - not associated with any denomination - there is One God who came to earth
    Muslim - God is One Person whom transcends time and space
    Eastern - Buddhist, Hindu, Shinto, etc - there is One Force that governs the universe
    New Age, Pagan, Wiccan etc - our souls are one with God
    Spiritual but not religious - personal belief - we are all connected
    Deist - there was a creator but he is not involved - there is One Orginator
    Gnostic - the Creator is imperfect or evil - there is only One God
    Agnostic - there is no evidence for God
    Atheist - I am God

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit