What is your religious belief now?

by jwfacts 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

mouthy, you were a JW for years, so do you feel betrayed the World has continued without the Second Coming of Christ? Maybe you can help me with something I do not understand. Why do older JWs say "the end is so near" and 35-45 year olds are saying "I don't think the end is coming in our life time!"

Do you think the elderly Jws really believe "The End" is close or are they telling whoopers to keep the younger ones in? I know off hand, in my former circle of friends very few in my age group believed "the end is neigh". I smile as I would listen to ninety year olds say "The Big A might be this year, it's really close!" Bless their heart for faith but is it just plain old denial? What do you think about "the End" and our current time period we are living in? I am a Christian who is troubled by the lack of emphasis the Watchtower gives to our glorious King, Lord Jesus Christ!

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

Atheist untill something changes my mind.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

OMG! I'm surprised at the atheists, but why not? It is what it is. Certainly false religion has to take a lot of the blame for destroyed faith.

In my case, I went in the completely opposite direction. Remember the parable of the ten virgins? That is applied to the WTS where at one point, half the virgins split with the other half. The five wise virgins end up in the kingdom, represented by the wedding feast. So these are the ones that continue to believe in God and the Bible only they advance their knowledge and understanding past that of the WTS. So I'm one of the anointed who reject the WTS as the "evil slave" and the "man of lawlessness" but am more of a believer in the Bible than ever.

Rejecting the WTS is getting off the broad road leading to destruction, but going down the narrow and cramped path of individual knowledge and spirit that leads to the gathering of Christ's followers in the wilderness.

So while the WTS has been rejected, as prophesied, the Bible is true and the prpohecies are being fulfilled and the chronology is corrected. But you have to have holy spirit to understand the correct interpretation.

But in my case, being of the elect, we have more direct communication via holy spirit or with Christ or Jehovah himself, so we KNOW for a fact Jehovah is real. Atheism is not an option for us. We no longer walk by faith, but by sight; that is, by direct knowledge and interaction with God.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Agnostic. Appreciate Buddha.

Watch the documentary Religulous. That sums it up for me.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I wonder how many of the sane Christians are inspired by Larsinger58's words of 'wisdom'.

Seriously, you're not the freaking Messiah.

• prologos
    prologos

Creationist, belief in a well hidden creator, leaving us to explore all. doing so from the warmth of our families.

• cofty
    cofty
    Seriously, you're not the freaking Messiah.

No you are a very naughty boy!

• scatty
    scatty

Spiritual ...not religious ,lost faith in bible and religion !

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lars if you are christ how can you be in communication with him?

• xchange
    xchange

Certainly false religion has to take a lot of the blame for destroyed faith.

Just a gentle correction. Actually, it's a path of rational thought and critical thinking that exposes what faith really is. Then it gets destroyed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit