What is your religious belief now?

by jwfacts 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

It would be nice to add an undecided option just because I personally hadn't thought about this until you brought it up and I honestly don't know what I'll do once I leave let alone what I'll be believing by then.

I don't feel my beliefs count yet as I'm still in but currently and mentally I feel partially agnostic and part deist. But I haven't given it much thought yet.

Great thread! I love the ones that make you think and your's seem to do it all the time!

Keep up the good work mate!

OneDayillBeFree

• clarity
    clarity

Since learning ttatt .... thought I was christian , tried church...

sooo not a christian. Decided no organized religion for me!

>

Then decided ....no religion for me.

>

Right now hhmmm ....humanist rationalist!

I think.....

clarity

• Zordino
    Zordino

There are a infinite amount of possibilities. The universe and infinity itself is hard to grasp. I am Ok with just not knowing all the answer's but one thing is for sure, The bible and all of mans religions throughout the ages are all man made and total BS just as OTWO said.

• Zordino
    Zordino

Short answer: I'm a Rationalist! That should be on the list.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Atheist but I am convinced we are still evolving and that our consciousness now has the ability to survive death. I don't see any need for a supreme being in that evolution any more than we needed one to evolve the bodies we have now.

• Borges
    Borges

Atheist.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

OneDayillBeFree I honestly don't know what I'll do once I leave let alone what I'll be believing by then.

It can be quite a varied journey when first leaving, with a lot of changes of opinion until you settle into a new belief system. Eventually you will find a comfortable spot.

When coming up with the questions, it seems there is a spectrum:

Atheist > agnostic > belief in an abstract creator > belief in a specific creator as described by a specific religious tenet.

I felt Rationalist was more like a layer that could span over the top, or maybe align with being Agnostic. However, on second thought, maybe it does deserve its own category, as it is removing oneself from the discussion by saying the answer cannot be know, hence cannot be categorised. I would like to see what others think.

Regarding having a soft atheist option, I think that belongs in atheist. Dawkins discusses that there are few 100% atheists, it is a spectrum that extends up to agnostic, not that he is very flattering of agnostics.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I don't how to classify myself. I don't believe in an almighty god, I believe that we are all divine and need to take responsibility for our actions, our thoughts, our lives etc. If anything I believe in the energy of everything that exists - that it is one in the same.

I live by the following: Light, Life and Love.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
  • ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Why Rationalism over Empiricism? Did you enjoy reading Descartes works over David Humes? Modern day thinkers like Anthony Flew and past Immanuel Kant, I forgot my philosophy can you tell me why you favor Rationalism over Empiricism?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit