What is your religious belief now?

by jwfacts 191 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sulla
    Sulla

Might be useful to split "Christian -- associated with a denomination" into Catholic/Orthodox and Protestant, at least. It seems to me the responses capture several flavors of ambiguous spirituality but almost no differences in Christian religious practice. Actually, it might be useful to recast the responses to mimic, say, the Pew categories.

Also, since I'm making up work someone else should do, it might be interesting to add a temporal question. Cofty, for example, seems to have gone JW - Evangelical -- Athiest. Something like, "Was there a time between being a JW and your curent belief when you would have answered differently? If so, how?"

Everybody always wants to tweak your survey. I know, it's irritating. Sorry.

Catholic.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Am I former JW or a fader? It is 3 years since my last drink meeting.

Definitely atheist though

• wasblind
    wasblind

I still have a personal belief In Christ. But I have decided not to let anyone

try to use that belief ever again to sell me " Somethin' Better " that will fit my personal belief

or try to manipulate me.

Example:

Wuz: Yes I believe in Christ

D2D Salesman : I was hopin' to find someone like yourself who has an interest in spiritual matters.

And I have jus' the thing you need. It's the flub-a-dub pocket keeper

It has seven pockets for the prioriteis in your life

It's a life saver. and we even put your priorities in order for you

The first pocket Is for The Governing Body, Through them is salvation

The next five pockets is for each meetin' you must attend

And the very last pocket is for Jesus. we don't have much use for that pocket

It's jus their in case we need to prove to others that we do mention Jesus from time to time

Edit: I wish they hada been that open at my door. It could have spared me the time wasted

• wasblind
    wasblind

double post

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Yep put me down for rationalist too. I go where the evidence leads me. So far that is this:

Man made God in his image.

Man made religion out of a need for answers and control.

The bible is nothing of what it pretends to be, so get over it.

We evolved.

We only get one shot at life and this is it. (sadly most of us have wasted our best years stuck in a fucking cult)

• label licker
    label licker

Learning at home Messianic Hebrew. Realised one day how Jesus kept all the sabbaths and feasts and wondered if he had done away with it then why did Mary, Paul and others keep it after he died and why in Zech 14:16-19 it talks about keeping the feast of booths in the millinium? Starting from the beginning of the bible and listening to hebrew scholars ect.. When I asked all I got was "what are you saying" and "what are you reading". I said the bible ONLY. I wonder if that's what was meant following in his footsteps closely besides telling others. So, yeah we're on a journey but one promise for sure I can make is I will never ever belong to an organisation or church or hand my spiritual freedom over to anyone else except to Christ and Yehovah and let my conscience and the bible teach me. It's soooo nice to pick a book I want to read on a certain subject and not get scared. What the hell was that?????? After seeing the TTATT I couldn't go back and now showing others they say they don't know where their place is for they can't go back either. It only takes a one stop look at these sites and your biscuits are baked. You guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• donny
    donny

I am an atheist agnostic.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

You remind me of Prince in the formerly known as Prince days, when he didn't want to be labelled with a name.

OTWO probably isn't trying to circumvent a clause in a recording contract though.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Christian.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

christian, go to a baptist church sometimes,i dont define myself as any denomination but christian, i hold to reform theogolgy, but will not call myself a calvanist because i follow jesus and not calvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit