The Stone the Builders Rejected

by sabastious 312 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Cofty, you wrote

" As an ex-christian Sab, Strypes, Shelby, Tammy, Loz and Char view people like Qcmbr and I with the same attitude that JWs view apostates. Once you have decided that somebody is an enemy of your god then of course it is permissible to slander them as you see fit and even to pray for their demise and eternal torment. It is such a relief to no longer have to defend the indefensible."

How can you possibly justify that statement? I can speak only for myself, but that is so utterly untrue of me that I am aghast. I don't even see you as an enemy of God...of course I don't! I don't wish any ill on anyone. I think that to pray "against" someone is an inherently wicked thing to do, and I have never done it, nor would ever do it? Why would I? To do so would be to condemn myself first.

He who points a finger at another points four fingers back at himself.

I might not like something someone does. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like that person. I would never, never, never pray for someone's death. That would be utterly wicked. What have you got against me, Cofty? I always considered you a friend, and Qcmbr too. That doesn't mean I agree with what you say always, but that's honest disagreement, not dislike, not a wish for death, and emphatically not judging you or anyone as an enemy of God.

So, it is NOT , as you say, permissible to slander you or anyone, as you say. As to whether or not I, or anyone, defends the indefensible, that very statement contains an inherent judgement, since to call something indefensible is to have judged it and condemned it.

As I say, I can only speak for myself, and that's what I've done. But you have grouped me in with others for whom I have a high regard and who I consider my friends, and I do not believe that any of what you say is applicable to them, either.

Finally, for you to say such utterly untrue things about me means that at some point I must have upset you. I haven't a clue what I could conceivably have done to cause such a reaction, but whatever it was, I am sorry to have done it. Why not PM me and tell me if that's so? I have nothing against you as a person, and sometimes you say things I agree with. Sometimes you don't, and on some of those occasions I've said so, because, after all, let's face it, this is a discussion forum!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Black Cavendish is what I smoke. Great pipe tobacco.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey ShirleyW..

It depends on the Quality of the Cigar..

A cheap cigar is what you smoke to get your neighbours to move..

Or..

Gophers to quit digging holes in the yard..

One whiff of that and they`ll be gone..

A Good Quality Cigar lit, is very pleasant to smell..

Just like Good Pipe Tobacco..

................................... mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If that's your solution, to blame others, you are free to do so. Not very responsible, but you are free to do it.

My solution is to give blame where blame is due and credit where credit is due. Not blaming the Watchtower would be irresponsible and possibly willfully ignorant. The fact is that the Watchtower uses a system of mind control they created or stole. I, as a scientist, study that system as I have to in order to keep it from enveloping all that I am. I hope the admins, mods and all of JWN can see the truth, I hope.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

People who were not raised in the cult can be very out of touch with one's who were. It's the same treatment we get from the outside world. "Get over it." They are extremely insensitive to the delicacy of the situation. This is a community of abuse survivors and that means some very complex psychological rules apply. When they are ignored, havoc will result.

-Sab

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Very well put, Sab!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

What is your scientific method? What are you observing, what hypothesis are you developing?

And sure, there is blame for the watchtower, but we are and have been out. Continuing to blame them for our actions is to deny our ability to change and grow.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Most of us here were part of the cult. Most of us are out now. Yeah, get over it. It's the past. I certainly don't sit around in rage, I have too many other more important things to do with my life.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    What is your scientific method? What are you observing, what hypothesis are you developing?

You don't get to know my methods only my results. I will find a real scientist to show them too. Over and OUT.

-Sab

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm a born-in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit