The Stone the Builders Rejected

by sabastious 312 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Well, this just got more interesting. My policy is, if you attack publicly, apologize publicly. You've been just as guilty as anyone else, Sab, don't play the victim. Just let's all apologize and move on.

I will volunteer myself to be hated by everyone, I will mention when personal attacks happens and call people out for it. Feel free to call me out on it. If anyone feels I have personally attacked them in the past, I apologize. Let this post begin the healing.

• sabastious
    sabastious

EP, I could find a bunch of public apologies all throughout my posting history. Don't act like they don't exist. The Watchtower is our common enemy, not each other. We must stop fighting.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am not acting like anything. You missed the point. Entirely.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I am not acting like anything. You missed the point. Entirely.

We all have hangups, the trick is accepting the responsibility for them. The solution is pretty easy actually, just blame the Watchtower, it's THEIR FAULT. As Chekov said, "Captain, they put creatures in our ears."

-Sab

• tec
    tec

And I have as much info as you.

Yet I am not the one who is judging someone based on my lack of information.

What you are doing is... 'nevermind that he freed someone and saved that person.... look at the damage to someone's property instead.'

(never mind that the man in question caused damage and fear to everyone around him, including property, if I recall the account correctly)

Peace to you,

tammy

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well, regarding the "cigar portion" of this thread:

Outlaw - If they smell so good before they're smoked, why do they smell so goddamn awful once they're lit?

I like the smell of the cherrywood tobacco my uncle used to smoke in his pipe.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Omg, pipe tobacco smells awesome!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Yet I am not the one who is judging someone based on my lack of information.

Why do you consider the information insufficient? What other details do you need?

What you are doing is... 'nevermind that he freed someone and saved that person.... look at the damage to someone's property instead.'

Yeah, so? Sure, he did something good, and followed it up with something destructive. Hardly a case for him being a good person.

We all have hangups, the trick is accepting the responsibility for them. The solution is pretty easy actually, just blame the Watchtower, it's THEIR FAULT. As Chekov said, "Captain, they put creatures in our ears."

If that's your solution, to blame others, you are free to do so. Not very responsible, but you are free to do it.

• AGuest
    AGuest

This thread was started as a real discussion based on a topic of interest to the OP (Sab). Some TRIED to have that discussion. It went OFF topic on the very first page, starting with personal attacks, either direct or implied. Comments were made that had absolutely nothing to do with the OP, but with what a certain poster (me) stated was important to HER. It was absolutely off topic, unnecessary, and out of line. Since no else with any sense addressed it, I did. Because it was as to ME.

I don't care what someone opines as to who engages in vitriol. Unless and until folks are willing to address it when it STARTS... and deal with those who START it... nothing will ever change.

The beat... and bullock pucky... goes on... and on... and on...

A doulos of Christ,

SA, who marvels at what TRULY isn't "seen" here... all the dang time...

• tec
    tec

I don't remember anyone smoking a cigar around me, even as a kid. But a pipe? Yes. I do love the smell of someone smoking a pipe.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit