The Stone the Builders Rejected

by sabastious 312 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious

In the first post in this series I discussed the identity of the Watchtower as per Revelation 13. The second post dealt with the identity of the Harlot and the Scarlet Beast. This post will deal with the third element "The Image of the Beast", lets read Revelation 13:15-17:

The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

This "second beast" is said to be given power to breath to the image of the first beast. This imagery correlates with Genesis 2:7

Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

This "Image of the Beast" is the end of a linear progression starting from the "Dragon on the shores of the sea." We start out with the Dragon, which progresses to the Beast out of the Sea rode by the Harlot. Which then progresses to the Beast out of the Earth and then to the Image of the Beast which all culminates to an act of destruction of a certain unidentified group of people. This group who "refuse to worship the image" are killed only after the breath is given which requires the linear progression of the Dragon, the two terrible Beasts and the Mother of Abominations. We are given the impression that these pieces of imagery work in conjuncture and some predispose the others.

Who are these people that are being targeted? Why are they being forced to worship an image under penalty of death? A clue can be found in Psalms 118:22

The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone

the Harlot is refered to as a "great city." Any great city in the times when Revelation was written would have been made mostly of stone. What Psalms 118 is describing is a universal law of God in that when something is wrongly rejected, it is not only accepted by God, but fashioned into the cornerstone.

Jesus' disciples were always wanting to settle the debate as to who was the greatest. The solution to the argument was recorded in Luke 9:

46 An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest. 47 Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him. 48 Then he said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest.”

The Watchtower likes to act like Jesus' disciples were emotionally charged during these arguments. The greek word, however, simply means a "reasoning" or a "calculation." To them it was wholly practical to determine who was best suited for the tasks required for what they were attempting to accomplish. The account says that Jesus "knew their thoughts" which means he understood the arguments from all sides. The word translated "greatest" simply means the biggest. An arm wrestling contest would be the same context. Jesus intervened on that idea by using a small child as an example. He was using the literal size of the child in relation to the adult debaters to make a point. Many people want to argue other ideas, but they are convoluting a simple message. And that's that our world has this false ideal that "biggest is best.". When we throw away something simply because it's small and not great we are throwing out the solution to our problem. This concept is a heavy theme all through the Lord of Rings Trilogy. The Hobbits were the smallest people of middle earth, but yet they were required for the salvation of the entire world. This is an idea derived directly from Christian theology which is derived from Jewish Scripture.

This all gives us insight into the identity of the group of people who who the Image of the Beast targets in Revelation 13. They are the "Hobbits" of the world, the seemingly insignificant who do not care for the world of corrupt men. The world doesn't know the true value of the Shire so they reject it's importance and to their own detriment.

The Watchtower uses the term "no part of the world" like a mantra. They boast that their entire organizational structure somehow exists outside of wordly affairs. This has been proven to not be the case time and time again. They want to say that they are the "faithful and wise servant" whom is appointed over all the belongings of the Master. Yet, that title only goes to people the builders reject. They claim to hold the single position of the "stone that was rejected" but yet THEY ARE the builders who reject what they consider insignificant. What they throw away becomes brilliant and stands against them. The amount of horror that the disfellowshipping arrangement has dished out is unspeakable. For this organization to claim to BE rejected is simply laughable. They have been defended by courts, relgions and public officials from all around the world for the better part of 120 years. Opposite of what they so arrogantly claim they have been pampered by the world not rejected! The rejection has always simply been in their minds and the world has watched in horror.

The EX JW community should relate with the martyrs mentioned in Revelation 13 along with all the other rejects from organized religion. They stand tall and in legitimate opposition to their past tyrants who existed soley off the suffering of their loyal adherents. Be proud to be rejected by such an evil, vindictive cult. It means God is on your side and he's in the process of making you the cornerstone.

-Sab

• Honesty
    Honesty

This is all anyone needs to identify the Watchtower Society...

1 John 4:1

Matthew 7:15

Matthew 24:11

• sabastious
    sabastious

This is all anyone needs to identify the Watchtower Society...

1 John 4:1

Matthew 7:15

Matthew 24:11

1 John 4:1 - Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Matthew 7:15 - “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
    Matthew 24:11 - and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

An excellent grouping of Scriptures that are very much on topic for this posting series. Ironically it took me the study of false prophecy to understand the importance of actual prophecy. I have the Wachtower to thank for that.

-Sab

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear Sab... and the greatest of love and peace to you! I am a bit confused. In your opening you state:

This post will deal with the third element "The Image of the Beast",

But I can't see where the post did that. I can see where it began to deal with and even gave us a little " insight into the identity of the group of people who [the Image of the Beast] targets" but not that "Image."

Perhaps I've missed something or there's more coming?

Thank you and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a doulos of Christ,

SA

• sabastious
    sabastious
    But I can't see where the post did that. I can see where it began to deal with and even gave us a little "insight into the identity of the group of people who [the Image of the Beast] targets" but not that "Image."

The image is the Idol of the Dragon that is used to identity the holy ones by making them choose to worship an idol or die. What I am trying to get across with this series is that the Watchtower practices the tactic of purposeful lying (also known as false advertising) which connects them with the Beast out of the Earth. It only serves a sinister purpose to know that one will follow a rock you say is God. It's not a noble thing, it's a chaotic evil thing. The Watchtower logo itself would be a good literal example of the "Image of the Beast." They have the audacity to challenge the morality of the use of the cross and call it idol worship. Yet they litter the streets with the symbol of a watchtower.

-Sab

• AGuest
    AGuest
    The image is the Idol of the Dragon

Yes, I can see that (again, peace to you!), but I'm not sure everyone can and so I'm just wondering if you're going to identify that "idol" because that's what I thought your statement meant. Given that not worshipping this idol will result in some being killed... I thought it might be useful, perhaps even helpful, particularly, for those who need to to be able to identify it. No worries - I apologize if I misunderstood your theme.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a doulos of Christ,

SA

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Yes, I can see that (again, peace to you!), but I'm not sure everyone can and so I'm just wondering if you're going to identify that "idol" because that's what I thought your statement meant. Given that not worshipping this idol will result in some being killed... I thought it might be useful, perhaps even helpful, particularly, for those who need to to be able to identify it. No worries - I apologize if I misunderstood your theme.

The idol is the tool of the false prophet. In the case of the Watchtower, their image is their publications which includes their organizational structure, secret elders books etc. Without the idol there is nothing a false prophet can direct the worship to. If you convince someone to worship something you created you are essentially getting the worship yourself, unbeknownst to them. That's what I believe the name "Jehovah" was designed to accomplish. It's a deception of epic proportions.

-Sab

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

What's a doulos?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thanks for responding, dear Sab (again, peace to you!). Would you be open to perhaps another explanation for the image? Please know you only need respond if you wish to have the discussion. If not, no worries. I don't want to give any appearance of the desire to contend or anything like that, but I thnk there are scriptures (OT and NT) that might help show an alternative explanation... if you're open to receiving that.

Again, peace to you!

Your servant and a doulos of Christ,

SA

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Thanks for responding, dear Sab (again, peace to you!). Would you be open to perhaps another explanation for the image? Please know you only need respond if you wish to have the discussion. If not, no worries. I don't want to give any appearance of the desire to contend or anything like that, but I thnk there are scriptures (OT and NT) that might help show an alternative explanation... if you're open to receiving that.

Thanks for being so polite. I have no problem discussing alternative explanations. However it should be noted that I left a lot open to interpretation for a purpose. This series is not meant to be a fine tooth comb, but serves to help people start to understand the nature of the Watchtower, where they come from and whom they serve.

Let me quickly define a few terms before this discussion. Babylon the Great is everything on earth that was created by the "work of man's hands" and connects with the Tower of Babel imagery. The Scarlet Beast are the kings of the earth who the Harlot birthed into the world and now is allied with. These kings are all human authorities except for God's personal Order of Melchizedek. Our world is controlled by occult societies who work behind the scenes to alter the course of history for their own means. Occult societies by design work in secret and therefore require a system of lies in order to maintain their status quo. This is why the Beast out of the Earth is required to discover the identities of the holy ones, which are traitors to the World of Lies. I do say that the Watchtower IS the Beast out of the Earth, but not the ONLY party involved.

A few years ago the Watchtower published a tract that told of the coming fall of "The World Empire of False Religion" whom they connect with the Harlot imagery in Revelation 13. This however is a purposeful misdirect as they are fully aware that they are PART of the "World Empire of False Prophets." To join an group of organized crime you have to go through a loyalty test. I suspect that the same goes for organized false prophecy. The Watchtower knows that the occult societies of the world are on a collision course with truth and therefore when their time comes they will immediately fall into oblivion. If the Watchtower can make a true prophecy (fall of false prophets) when they are exposed they believe they can slip into the realm of true prophecy instead of false. However, it doesn't matter if they suddenly start telling the truth because nothing will ever make up for the deception they have plagued the world with.

So, the Image of the Beast is just a tool of the false prophets. Before Christ's death graven images were used prominently. After his death they declined and eventually people stopped being fooled by graven images. This meant that the false prophets had to rethink a new strategy to get worship and that meant focusing on the occult societies which spans all the way to our day (Cabalistic). It's the occult societies that make up the collective "World Empire of False Religion" that the Watchtower is a part of. The "Image" that is erected by this beast is doctrine and organizational structure. No longer do prominent people bow down before graven images in the way that it used to occur. Now we have groups who assert, "God works through an organization" which makes up the collective "Image of the Beast" which is used to kill the holy ones by exposing their love for truth.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit