The Stone the Builders Rejected

by sabastious 312 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bohm
    bohm

You don't get to know my methods only my results.

sab, i heard some of them scientists are dealing with logic and stuff; i know youve been hurt by logic before so you gotta be carefull man..

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh, part of science is sharing. You already fail at it.

Yes, Mrs J., it amazed me when people are years out and still wanting to blame having been a JW for their current life. Billy has moved on, Aussie Oz has, you have, I have. Why decide to continue being a victim long after you are out?

• perfect1
    perfect1

If The Hunger Games was real I would nominate all involved with this thread to be this years competitors.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Who do you see as a victim, EP?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

No one on this thread.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Brilliant, then, EP! Nor me! We agree!

So what was that about, then?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Go back and read. I'm not inclined to re-write...

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Oh, I've read it all...:(

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So you're caught up then, excellent.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Without revealing what was said in pms, I have been conscious that I am triggered by a small coterie of members here. They sound exactly like the WT to me. I apologize for my tone. Others did not want to have a mutual apology to the board. If we focus on tone only, neither side loses face. I value my culture and faith as others value their values. Culture wars are going on throughout the world.

I abhor the concept of the Elect and anyone who would limit Christ for another person. It hurts very deep. I cherish my faith tradition for myself.

We could set a date and time to start behaving as civil adults. I am now receiving nasty pms which I have never received before. No matter the response, the other person must send the last pm in the exchange. Well, you win, kindergarten kids. You may have the last word.

If I were a lurker, these posts would convince me that former Witnesses are crazy. I am guilty. IMO, others are also guilty. As I stated in previous posts, do we continue for eternity to be nasty to each other b/c we now have a pattern. Part of me feels that more moderation would help. Once civility is breached, it is hard to reach again. Horrible conflicts have ended with treaties and peace agreements. Former enemies may not love each other but they don't actively fight anymore. Many people find that Christians who post about Christ with details about salvation, Christology and the like can be despicable people. The true measure for Christ is not secret knowledge or Bible knowledge. It is how we conduct ourselves in our daily lives. We are the litmus test.

Both camps don't give their belief a good name. I do have faith that if we consciously change our tone, as in an academic exercise (excuse the reference to academics), we can do so. People should be willing to censure people from their own camp who break a code. I apologize for my part.

I am very aware of what I do not know, such as most things. It seems that fundamentalists cannot converse. I will try to set a higher standard. Of course, if we fight over who gets the last nasty pm in, it will not work. For me, I would want to be known as a contributor to a truly great forum, not a crazy house. I find it interesting in real life that the overwhelming majority of people respect each other's beliefs. In fact, I come across people with great faith. Missionaries, Sisters of Charity. There is much common ground. This site would make the Inquisition proud.

What did Rodney King say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit