The Stone the Builders Rejected

by sabastious 312 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest

Let's see... I'm not a born-in, nor do I have anything to blame the WTBTS for as to MY life. MY life is GREAT and not one sucky part had anything to do with the WTBTS. Tec wasn't a born-in... or even an IN in... nor does SHE have anything to blame the WTBTS for as to HER life. Char wasn't a born in... or even an IN in... nor does SHE have anything to blame the WTBTS for as to HER life. None of us were elders... have/had "believing" mates... uber-JW parents/siblings... or lost ANYTHING by leaving. Nothing of the like.

Now, let's look at who was born-in... as well as who has reason to... and DOES... blame the WTBTS for their lives... and losses.

Oh, wait, no... we can't do that, can we? Too... ummmmmm... close for comfort. What we can do, though, is say, as those who were never born-in, perhaps never in at all... and certainly didn't lose anything by leaving/NOT going in... that born-ins do have VERY similar ways of dealing with others... and expressing their views/chagrins... as the "culture" they came from.

Deny it all you want: you can take the boy/girl out of the WTBTS... but you're very unlikely to get all of the WTBTS out of the boy/girl. Indeed, we're "hanging" around so as to share the truth about God/Christ/the WTBTS to those still in/just coming out. What are "you" hanging around for? Because, it's part of you. It was part of your formidable years and so will always be a part of you. We, though, have lived in both worlds. One of them twice.

The first (and one we live in now)... understands that not everyone will agree with you... nor do they have to. The world YOU know... never allowed for that. Which is why you can't do so, now. You don't know HOW. While you may live there now, you weren't RAISED in "Rome." And how one experiences a city as a CHILD has WAY more impact on them than how they experience it as an adult. We only went back to what we KNEW. Some of you still have problems leaving what you knew.

A doulos of Christ,

SA

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Why write publicly about private PM's, Band? If it's private, it doesn't belong on a forum, does it?

That's very weird. Unless you're being passive-aggressive, but who knows? Only you. So, why do it?

• Evermore
  • EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Shelby, if you are going to try to insult people, go ahead and do it. It's tiresome to attempt to read porrly written paragraph to divine the meaning you won't actually come out and say. Please stop obfsucating and just be direct. Are you saying that the threats of violence you and the other ex-JW theists toss around is due to your lack of leaving the WTBS behind?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Some people are very dense. They want total capitulation when it is not appropriate.

I can only do my part.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

EP, there isn't a single insult in Shelby's post above, so why talk to her as if there is. Did you want there to be one?

and what, please, could your last sentence above possibly mean? It reads as if you've left a vital word out. As it is, it could mean anything or nothing.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Okay, none of what you just posted makes sense. To me, at least. Indeed, I would prefer you just stop addressing me... indeed, I am asking it. If you want to make general comments, by all means, do so. But don't address them to me because your crafty tactic of responding always leaves the perception that something was stated by another other than what actually was. I know you know this and it's a good strategy and tactic... if you need to do that. But if you're being honest and truthful you shouldn't NEED to use it. And IT'S not honest or truthful at all. Which actually surprises me, given the regard I had for you. I mean, okay, so we don't always agree, but I once considered you a fairly truthful person. At least, as you saw truth. I've watched you go from someone who appeared to be mostly truthful, at the start, however, to someone who doesn't care about truth at all. Gives me some greater insight into your situation. You didn't stand a chance.

Address the board, not me, please. I am asking in all sincerity. Please.

A doulos of Christ,

SA, who intended no insult to anyone. If someone TOOK one, they should most probably ask himself why that was... what was in HIM to cause him to take offense at some truthful and benign statements. Might be that upbringing. No insult, just truth.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I just want to cry. A casual reader can read the posts and make up their own mind about truth and Truth. It speaks for itself.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

EP, there isn't a single insult in Shelby's post above, so why talk to her as if there is. Did you want there to be one?

So I say you are acting childishly, which is what she said, because you didn't leave the JWs behind, you would be OK with that? If I applied that label you, Tec, Shelby, etc?

Okay, none of what you just posted makes sense.

Getting caught trying to insult several people at once must not be fun.

Address the board, not me, please. I am asking in all sincerity. Please.

I will b e happy to consider your request and respond at an appropriate date.

SA, who intended no insult to anyone. If someone TOOK one, they should most probably ask himself why that was

I didn't take one, I merely pointed out your obfuscated attempt to throw one with no one noticing.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

As an ex-christian Sab, Strypes, Shelby, Tammy, Loz and Char view people like Qcmbr and I with the same attitude that JWs view apostates. Once you have decided that somebody is an enemy of your god then of course it is permissible to slander them as you see fit and even to pray for their demise and eternal torment. It is such a relief to no longer have to defend the indefensible.

The above has really upset me. I can't really believe such an accusation has not been removed. I make my stand as a firm believer here and always have. I have suffered ridicule and scorn along with the others for it. The only time I take issue with non believers is when I see them bullying. I see it more and more often lately. I don't slander and I don't and would never pray for their or anyone else's demise. There is a person alive who was and is responsible for causing most of the grief to me and my whole family for many years, I don't even pray for his demise. Of the ones I know above, I am certain that none of those would pray for such either. To suggest this is indefensible.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit