The Stone the Builders Rejected

by sabastious 312 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Not authoritative, Cofty. Illustrative. it is actually also authoritative in that this thread is both interesting and informative and contains fundamental truths.

That instinctive use of the word fundamental there, which just came naturally to my mind, is itself indicative of the very subject matter here. Shelby is quite right. Of course Christ is the cornerstone, that fundamental first building-stone of any structure, as She points out above. This isn't way out cult talk. This is absolutely essential in understanding the nature of Christ, and indeed of God.

Christ is the cornerstone, the firstborn of all creation, the Word made flesh. It's astonishing to find it subjected to query.

Circumstances didn't allow me to get back to the thread as I'd hoped when I posted yesterday. Sab, you've done a huge amount of really valuable work.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It does, and you have freely chosen to act immorally and everybody here got to see it (except you and your bigoted ilk who are blind to their own malice). You're just a one-stick pony, you don't even have any tricks.

Only an imaginary one to you.It's so cute when you start calling name. It fills me with warmth and joy.

Actually, what lacks reason is your presence in this thread.

There's a reason.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Pray tell, EP!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Tell you what?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

You wrote "there is a reason." I was inviting you to share that reason.

• cofty
    cofty
    this thread... contains fundamental truths.

Eh?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There is much nonsense on this thread. What would happen to the world if we all preached whatever we wanted or even made stuff up for malicioius reasons. I will take objective evidence over ignorant musings. I am a Christian. Your rantings about Christ are too much. One can be objective and believe in Christ. To ignore evidence is silly.

A computer can come up with better explanations. I know enough from Witness days to know this is merely Witness II.

So you believe in someting else, not found in the gospels, why can't you merely assert it? I feel that you are smothering us the way the Witnesses smothered us. There are many other believers on this thread who did not share your view. You cannot dismiss them by calling them atheists. As for atheists, why should they care that you make crap up? Read the Bible. The writing is often beautiful.

I don't care what you believe. What bothers me is the imposition of your views as holy and that must be followed to find Christ. Believers here have Christ. WE may follow different faith traditions but we are Christian.

Jesus did not deliver long drawn out theological explanations. This stands for x, y stands for p, etc. He taught in parables that contain contradictory tensions within themselves. His preaching was not I heard voices.

The best sign of any believer, even atheists, is how they live their lives. Objective evidence has done so much for the world. Your Christ seems puny to me. Pick up any newspaper or any piece of classical literature. The human condition itself presents many present problems and angst. Fighting over the meaning of an obscure book seems strange.

Will we be stuck here for eternity? This is worse than Kingdom Hall.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

No thanks.

• cofty
    cofty
    This is worse than Kingdom Hall.

^^^this^^^

• tec
    tec

THIS is a thread on a forum, in a discussion about something that is of interest to the people participating. Just because you are not interested, and you think it is worthless... does not mean that it IS worthless or uninteresting. Only that it is so, to you. If you don't want to be stuck here... then move on. Simple.

The kingdom hall aspect on this thread are those coming in to tell people what they should or should not discuss; what is or is not of worth.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit