NRA Targets Obama Daughters; Limbaugh Mocks Murdered Children

by BizzyBee 246 Replies latest members politics

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey EP, Jus' so you know I corrected that before your last post

As of this moment our post is 4 minutes apart

Makin' it clear that the change was not becuase you brought it to my attention

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I always liked Bill Clinton....

“Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them,” Clinton said.

“A lot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these things,” Clinton said. “I know because I come from this world."

“You have the power to really democratize America,” Clinton said. “You can do it on immigration reform, you can do it on these economic issues. You can do it on implementing the health care bill.”

But, Clinton warned, the issue of guns has a special emotional resonance in many rural states — and simply dismissing pro-gun arguments is counterproductive.

“A lot of these people … all they’ve got is their hunting and their fishing,” he told the Democratic financiers. “Or they’re living in a place where they don’t have much police presence. Or they’ve been listening to this stuff for so long that they believe it all.”

Clinton closed his remarks with a warning to big Democratic donors that ultimately many Democratic lawmakers will be defeated if they choose to stand with the president.

“Do not be self-congratulatory about how brave you for being for this” gun control push, he said. “The only brave people are the people who are going to lose their jobs if they vote with you.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/bill-clinton-to-democrats-dont-trivialize-gun-culture-86443_Page2.html#ixzz2IX8ms76f

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

got it, I edited mine to reflect that.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I don't know anyone untentionally killed by a gun._____EP

This is why I edited my statement before you tried to correct me

It would have been wrong to leave it

And trust, I don't wanna do my Baby wrong No way ,No how

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I don't know anyone unintentionally killed by a gun. Am I missing something or is that just super hard to grasp?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I don't know of anyone personally either, but I have heard of it happenin'

so that means I know of it because I have been made aware that it can happen

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

OK, you got it. That wasn't hard.

• designs
    designs

Did anyone in the J.C.Penny Store in Utah feel safer or more nervous when a guy showed up with his Assault rifle slung over his shoulder and his glock by his side and ammo.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I don't know the event of which you speak. I can tell you, though, that when I passed several people yesterday in a parking lot with a Beretta .45 on my belt and an AK47 in my hand, they all stopped to talk about the gun and wanted to see it.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I know of two instances of brothers accidentally shooting their sibling to death - one I knew in high school. They were going hunting and the younger brother shifted the shotgun in the backseat of the car - it discharged and shot his older brother, who was in the front seat, right under his left eye. The older boy was very popular - the entire school was devastated. I've always wondered if the younger brother ever recovered from that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit